How to use flat resin beads with no holes?

(13 Posts)
DairyNips Sun 16-Dec-12 20:56:23

Maybe*

DairyNips Sun 16-Dec-12 20:56:05

Plip- interesting, mane I'll try it and see what happenssmile

DairyNips Sun 16-Dec-12 20:55:08

Hey Fliss!grin Thanks for the suggestions, I'm just starting out with this jewellery making and don't know the names of half the things I needsmile

plipplops Wed 05-Dec-12 01:19:23

Or I read something the other day about heating a pin up to red hot and making a hole in a plastic thing with it, although that may not work with resin?

Flisspaps Tue 04-Dec-12 11:01:58

You need cabochon findings, or flat back earring findings/cuff link blanks grin

DairyNips Sat 01-Dec-12 16:07:49

Sorry I haven't been back for a while, thought my thread was too boring for a replygrin

Thank you for the suggestions! These 'beads' are listed as that on eBay but perhaps that's not technically correct. I think they're actually cobochons, whatever one of those is!

Will check out your suggestions, thanks!

rockinhippy Sat 24-Nov-12 19:41:13

You need looped bead caps - style will depend on the shape of your beads - attatch with arraldite type glue...

THIS sort of this

HTH

ningthemerciless Sat 24-Nov-12 10:02:55

Okay last one - there's an old discussion on craftster that is about someone who got a bead with no hole that might help...http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=154854.0

Or could you stick a hook in it somehow and make it into a pendant?

ningthemerciless Sat 24-Nov-12 09:54:05

Unless you could put a hole in them?

ningthemerciless Sat 24-Nov-12 09:50:43

I cannot get this round my head - surely that's not really a bead? I thought a bead had to have a hole it it?
The only this i can really think of is constructing some sort of 'cage' out of wire for them to sit in? Would that work?
This is probably not so helpful - so many question marks!

DairyNips Tue 20-Nov-12 19:28:22

Anyone??

DairyNips Mon 19-Nov-12 23:10:59

Flat resin shape!

DairyNips Mon 19-Nov-12 23:03:49

Hi, I'm starting to dabble in making my own jewellery. I have seen some flat resin beads in the shape of swallows that I like. They don't seem to have any holes though, are just a flea resin shape..
Anyone have any idea what I would do with these or how they would be attached to a bracelet/necklace for instance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now