Can anyone recommend a supplier of cheap ribbon?

(12 Posts)

I'm particularly looking for gorsgrain.

But everywhere seems to sell it by the metre rather than a whole roll and it's going to be pricey.

sad

stealthsquiggle Sun 18-Nov-12 23:07:23

Trawl ebay. When I am on my PC tomorrow I will post a link to where I have bought 100m rolls of grosgrain.

HappyTurquoise Sun 18-Nov-12 23:12:11

Have you tried Dunelm?
Otherwise, you might find an online wholesaler that would sell you one roll. Or if you shop regularly at a fabric shop, and they know you, you could try asking if they would sell you a whole roll at a discount price.

My second recommendation of the evening for Josy Rose haberdashery website. They have some fantastic stuff Woolly wishes she was on commission grin

Gosgrain Ribbon by the 20m roll

Shesparkles Mon 19-Nov-12 07:57:57

I use miles of grosgrain and now order direct from China via Www.aliexpress.com . So far so good with delivery being about 2-3 weeks. Depending in the width you want, it ranges from about £11 for a 100m roll.
If you're not comfortable doing this,then definitely ebay. You can do a search on quantity and you can usually get plain 9mm wide from about 16p/m.
I've not found any retail sites which can get close to this, although I'm open to suggestions if anyone else has!

stealthsquiggle Mon 19-Nov-12 14:53:41

Took a while to hunt back through my ebay purchase history, as I am still using up my stash, but this is the ebay shop I have used - pricing looks similar to what shesparkles has.

Thank you all for the links, that's ace of you!

I'm <<gulps>> particularly looking for something like stitched grosgrain or multistripe grosgrain, but these seem quite pricey to me. sad

grin at drip-feeding on a A&C thread!

jazzcat28 Tue 20-Nov-12 22:24:43

I used ribbons direct or similar who sold me two reels of ribbon for my recent wedding at a fiver each

Am on phone but will link tomorrow

TeamEdward Tue 20-Nov-12 22:27:00

I got rolls of stitched grosgrain at Hobbycraft. I had a 20% off voucher (from local paper) so it worked out just under 16p/m

Um, TeamE, dontcha owe me a PM, hmm?

And, thanks, to both fo you.

smile

TeamEdward Wed 21-Nov-12 20:06:59

Do I?! <reprimands befuddled brain>

Yup. Can't remember why, either.

[merlot]

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now