building toy kennels and scenery - need inspiration please

(3 Posts)
clangermum Sun 14-Oct-12 12:50:08

I like the idea of doing it with dd - think it will have more meaning that way. A project for the holidays.

Why don't you lay it all out in cardboard cuttings (like bits of cereal box) and then paper mache over everything?

It'll give it all different textures and could be a great activity for you and DD to do together.

Alternatively just make boxes for the kennels. Dead easy, just get a sheet of cardboard and map it out. Then fold and stick in place.

Channel your inner blue peter.

clangermum Mon 08-Oct-12 15:37:19

I've been collecting a few playmobil dogs from ebay and now want to build a kennels set-up for dd (I don't know if there's an equivalent ready-made by playmobil but if there is it's probably very expensive and I fancy having a go anyway).

I'm going to use a wooden tray to keep it all together, paint on the base some kind of scene e.g. grass, enclosures, a pond. I might build up some detail using craft felt.

What I'm really stuck on is how to do the kennels themselves. I'm not a woodworker. Can anyone think of a type of box/packaging that would lend itself to being converted into kennel buildings, that could be painted/covered in craft felt?

Any other ideas for finishing touches appreciated.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now