Knitting & Stitching Show @ Alexandra Palace *Saturday 13 Oct 2012* - MEET UP [smile]

(70 Posts)

Would you like to meet for lunch, say at 1300? Ideas please where would be best to meet! The Tea Room can be booked for £21 per head but is there anywhere else to sit down and munch? It would be great to meet other Woolly Hugs knitters.

Ideas please!
Thanks thanks

I am resurrecting the thread to say that I have finally finished the Advent calendar that I bought at the show. I'll pop a photo on my profile to show off grin

The down side is that it has bloody big pockets that will take a lot of filling.

GetOnYourDancingShoes Sun 14-Oct-12 18:32:00

DSis and I are home and back to reality!

It was lovely to meet you all.

I have sore feet, a lighter purse and a wishlist as long as my arm. grin

Don't worry, Practically - I had fallen behind.

My journey home was great - as far as Euston Preston, where the train terminated and we were all turned off to wait for another train to take us to Carlisle, where I waited 50 minutes in the cold for a train that finally took me home. I could have got an earlier train, but it had only three coaches, and was packed to the gunnels with its own passengers, and people turfed off our train, so I decided to wait for a bigger, more comfy train. Hero dh drove in to Glasgow and drove me home, then cooked me a late supper.

But it was absolutely worth it - the show was great, and meeting all of you was even greater!

Meeting you all yday and WBW's yummy cake were one of the highlights of the show - and the show was fantastic!

I meant to say farewell SDGT but lost you in the swarm heading back to the show after the picnic with the beautiful panoramic view of London.

JFazal - we missed you, are you OK?

Hugs to alll.

I had a lovely time. It was great to meet you ladies hides purchases from DH grin

It was wonderful to meet you all - well worth the journey. Oh, and there was some interesting yarn too!grin

I'm just checking the Tube map to make sure of my route counting the number of stops because I'm a country bumpkin

My train gets in tomorrow at about 11:30 so I should be at Ally Pally well before 1. I can't wait smile

Only a couple of hours, and I'll be on the sleeper! I'm going to be wearing a denim skirt, maroon shirt, and lighter maroon long waterfall cardigan. Can't wait to see you all!

I'm not sure what I will be wearing, but there's a picture of me on my profile, and I will be carrying a bright red rucksack. I'm planning to obtain my picnic at M&S, so will probably be clutching a carrier bag too.

I am excited and nervous, and am crossing my fingers that I sleep on the train, and don't get a sore hip like I did last time.

I just have to make sure I don't buy more yarn than I can carry!

GetOnYourDancingShoes Thu 11-Oct-12 22:54:36

I don't know what I'll be wearing yet but I'm fairly short, plump and shortsighted with a dark reddish bob (DH is such a lucky man!) grin.

I shall be accompanied by a blonde version of me (DSis).

See you all there smile

It's nearly Saturday!!!

See you all at 1300 beside FAD (East London Embroiderers) West Hall Corridor just past the entrance to the exhibition, just before the catalogue sales desk.

I will be wearing turquoise top and orange skirt with multi coloured spots!

Let's have a picnic - weather looks OK.

Thanks to all to help me with the above plan.

I will be on a Bakers Dolphin coach from Bristol - leaving 8 and arriving I hope at 12 (grrr will miss a hooked talk at 11 - coach co said eta was 1000 but a friend says 1200 is more likely).

MUMSNET MEMBERS SO FAR
- SDTG
- Woollybackswife
- GetOnYourDancingShoes
- PurpleP?
- JackieFazal
- SoupDragon?
- me!
- anybody else?

The catalogue shows that it is a huge exhibition!
See you soon!

JackieFazal Thu 04-Oct-12 14:19:05

ill take it there will be a lot of walking around the different stalls smile

I've just booked my ticket - getting very excited now.

I'm going to be at the show fairly early - as the sleeper gets into London at around 7am. I'm going to find somewhere for a leisurely breakfast, then wander over to Ally Pally and have a browse before meeting up with the rest of you. Then I'll have a couple of hours before I have to head off for my train back north again. I might spend the journey enjoying my new yarns and doing some knitting or crochet - or I might just fall asleep!

SoupDragon Thu 04-Oct-12 11:32:08

Fantastic SDTG!

My ticket arrived today too. I must book my train tickets. Getting excited grin

'Course not, Jackie! I think it's the more the merrier, myself.

And I've nailed granny squares, TheWoollyBacksWife - three pretty good ones done today, and now I am trying something more ambitious - I just hope it doesn't all end in tears!

JackieFazal Mon 01-Oct-12 13:21:37

hi everyone smile

i was wondering if i wriggle my way in and meet some mummies along the way smile I have heard of this show but it sounded a bit daunting for me to go because ally pally is huuuuuge! Does anyone mind if i squeeze in to your little get together smile

GetOnYourDancingShoes Mon 01-Oct-12 12:47:14

My tickets have arrived.

Hotel is booked (DSis and I make a weekend of it!) grin

Train timetable has been checked.

Now to hunt under sofa cushions for every available penny!

I will go and look for that - thanks! I have found a tutorial on YouTube, and that was in American too.

Happy to help if you still need it then. I'll be bringing something to do - either knitting or (more likely) crochet. I use the purl bee blog for my granny square help. It's in American terminology but it is a great step by step guide. Just remember to use a treble where it talks about DC.

You look lovely - and your knitting and crochet does too. I am trying to master granny squares at the moment - and not doing terribly well. If I am still floundering in a fortnight's time, I shall be begging for some expert tuition from you!

You are too kind. grin

Fab portrait. It will be a pity to see it go from your profile.

I plan to wear a turquoise top and orange skirt - you cant miss me in this! bought it from White Stuff in a colourful mood!

Have posted a photo of me for woolly recognition purposes. Go easy on me - I am feeling fragile grin

I'll take it down in a day or two. I don't want to frighten other posters grin

Ooooh golly - not too long to go, then!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now