We ask that emails regarding swaps not contain any unsolicited advertising. If you have received an email which contains advertising, please let us know at contactus@mumsnet.com.

Knitting & Stitching Show @ Alexandra Palace *Saturday 13 Oct 2012* - MEET UP [smile]

(70 Posts)

Would you like to meet for lunch, say at 1300? Ideas please where would be best to meet! The Tea Room can be booked for £21 per head but is there anywhere else to sit down and munch? It would be great to meet other Woolly Hugs knitters.

Ideas please!
Thanks thanks

I have had a look at trains, and I might be able to get down from Glasgow to meet up with people - and I know I'd enjoy this show - but I need to check dates with dh (if I'd be welcome, of course).

SDTG... Fab!

Everyone welcome! Not just Woolly Hugs!

Sounds good to me! Like SDTG I just need to check that it doesn't clash with other family things.

I have never (knowingly) met another MNetter

Me, neither! smile

I've met up with a few of the Scottish mumsnetters (I live in Glasgow), and they are lovely people. We even had a woolly hugs knitting meet up in Glasgow recently, that was a real success.

I am looking at how to get down - dh works for the railway, so that keeps costs down, and I might come down on the sleeper - otherwise I have to leave Glasgow at 06.30 - which is very, very early!

Oooh very envy about the sleeper. My view on this may have been coloured by Agatha Christie novels.

Would the show at Harrogate be easier? Xx

Either Harrogate or Ally Pally would be OK for me - I'm happy to go with whichever is easiest for the rest of you. If I come down on the sleeper, I will get into London in plenty of time, and will be able to treat myself to a big breakfast somewhere, and get to the show when it opens. Honestly, don't change your plans for me. xx

London would be easier for me to be honest - but happy to go with the majority grin

I've asked dh (my source of all rail info) and he reckons London is actually easier from Glasgow than Harrogate is.

London 4 me!

It sounds like London is the best choice for us all. I'm getting excited now!

PurplePidjin Mon 03-Sep-12 11:38:50

envy

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 03-Sep-12 13:30:43

Have fun smile

Sadly can't be joining you, but if you do get together, the rule is you must have cake grin

Cake? Oh OK, if I must! grin I wouldn't want to break the rules.

CAKE - a must! grin.

Will miss you both - Pistey and PurpleP sad

Anyone know where to meet and eat cake at 1300?

thanks

PurplePidjin Mon 03-Sep-12 13:48:28

Yes, cake is The Law at woolly meet ups grin

PurplePidjin Mon 03-Sep-12 13:49:43

If i find the cash behind a sofa cushion between now and then, i'll join you PnP smile

I s'pose I can force myself to eat cake!

Purple - it would be lovely if you could manage to get there.

GetOnYourDancingShoes Mon 03-Sep-12 16:32:55

I'll be there...wandering around with a glazed expression and loads of yarn. I go every year as my birthday treat to me.

I can always find time to eat cake smile

Dh seems not to have realised that there may be yarn on sale at a Knitting and Stitching show, and that I may buy some of said yarn, to add to my STABLE (*ST*ash Beyond Life *Expectancy). I'm not going to remind him. grin

Hmm - bolding fail.

PurplePidjin Mon 03-Sep-12 17:54:50

Hmm, wonder if i can wangle that line too, GetOn, despite being a month early. I'll be. Huuuuuuuge by my actual birthday!!

Pleeeeeeease do, Purple - it would be lovely to meet you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now