I'm not sure I should start this thread, but am having a massive panic and have no one to talk to

(64 Posts)
AngryBeaver Sun 14-Oct-12 09:14:57

Some of you may remember my other thread. Missed mc in Sept last year. Pregnant few months later. After lots of stressful weeks, we had the amnio and found that our little girl had Downs. We said goodbye to her on July 12th when I was 18 weeks. Worst time of my life.
I am now 6 weeks pregnant and was feeling quite happy about things.
I was feeling that it couldn't happen agin,we wouldn't be that unlucky.
But now I am having a huge flap. I have started to believe that it is going to happen again. I really think it will, I can almost hear the voice on the end of the phone saying it all again.
I can't talk to dh about this as he wasn't sure about trying again anyway and I don't want to stress him out.
I have no one to talk to about it here (abroad) and my rl friends aren't answering...help?

AngryBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 09:15:28

So pleased for you x

lotsofcheese Mon 29-Oct-12 17:07:28

How are things today, angry?

AngryBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 18:27:19

not good, heavier bleeding,clotting, and pain.
I just want to know why this is happening again

lotsofcheese Mon 29-Oct-12 18:32:43

I'm so sorry angry It's just so bloody unfair! You have been through so much already. I wish I had some wise to help you feel better.

All I can do is send you big hugs & say that you're in my thoughts x

AngryBeaver Mon 29-Oct-12 20:02:48

my friend who has had several mc's early on, told me her consultant recommended complete bedrest for 48 hours and this seemed to stop the last mc. Does anyone think this might help?

AngryBeaver Wed 31-Oct-12 20:46:47

Levels have dropped to 2900 from 3400, so going for a scan. But doesn't look good.

lotsofcheese Wed 31-Oct-12 20:58:25

I'm really sorry, beaver There is good support on the miscarriage & pregnancy loss board. I've used it a lot for my miscarriages & have found it helpful to share with people who understand.

When is your scan? Am wondering if EPAU have suggested investigations eg genetics, consultant, to see if there's a reason for your miscarriages?

I hope you are taking care of yourself xx

AngryBeaver Wed 31-Oct-12 23:07:12

They couldn't fit me in for a scan today. Maybe tomorrow. Then I will have to wait til next thurs to go to the hospital and sign a consent form, then have an erpc next friday. If of course, things haven't completed naturally.
Is EAPU early preg assess? If so, I haven't seen anyone like that. Only spoken to the midwife on the phone.
When I feel a bit stronger, I'll make an apt with my gp

lotsofcheese Thu 01-Nov-12 17:57:46

Angry how are you today? Hoping you managed to get a scan & are holding together ok. Thinking of you.

AngryBeaver Thu 01-Nov-12 18:40:11

No the scan machine is broken, and won't be fixed til Monday. So I'm stuck. Although I know it's over,I will still be crushed when I hear that the baby has gone sad

lotsofcheese Thu 01-Nov-12 20:52:48

So sorry you're still in limbo angry The waiting is just agonising. Take care of yourself x

AngryBeaver Fri 02-Nov-12 01:34:12

Thanks cheese..you too x

monsterchild Fri 02-Nov-12 01:43:50

Angry, sorry to hear what you're going through. I can empathize, I had similar over the last two years. It's heartbreaking. If it's any consolation I don't think you're too old at all. I'm 6 years older, and we're finally expecting our first!

It did take us about 9 months just to conceive this little fellow, so time is not the enemy you may think it is!

AngryBeaver Fri 02-Nov-12 03:20:22

Thanks monsterchild the best of luck to you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now