Having another bad day

(15 Posts)
3plus2 Tue 13-Nov-12 08:08:37

Getting there trying to keep as normal as possible sad I'm go from bouncing and happy one minute then right at the bottom the next it's so hard. sad

BeerTricksPott3r Wed 07-Nov-12 09:25:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

3plus2 Tue 06-Nov-12 11:24:01

Thanks bear I know I will be ok it's just taking soooo long ......

3plus2 Tue 06-Nov-12 11:22:08

They gave me seroxat it's nasty and highly addictive and makes you gain weight and made me feel awful like I had taken a bad drug which made me have a panic attack and forget where I was ! I explained this to gp she fobbed me off saying they don't cause those side effects ? My baby also slept all day after taking them ? I am really not up to swapping gp's I struggle just to put my shoes on it really takes all my effort let alone dragging myself back to gp sad

BeerTricksPott3r Tue 06-Nov-12 11:21:41

I'm on ADs atm, Sertraline 50mg. I was tired and drowsy for the first few days but then it passed. I refused to take them the first time I had PND but this time I decided I needed the help. And I'm so glad I did.

I still struggle some days but I'm able to engage more with the children and don't have the extreme highs and lows I had before, I'm more even iyswim.

I agree with Beer, see a different GP. And try to plan something fun each day, even if it's just a walk or drawing. Then in the evening you can look back and feel that you have done something positive in the day. smile

3plus2 Tue 06-Nov-12 11:10:26

I am going to try my best to get out today I'm gearing myself up to go out it just takes a while but I will do it toady .

3plus2 Tue 06-Nov-12 11:07:14

My gp was hopeless jus shoved these ad's in my hand and said come back in two weeks I took one I was nrly falling asleep all day I can't look after a baby like that sad I don't like talking to hv's etc I find them a bit patronising , but maybe that's just me ? I always tell myself we will do a baby group I get as far as the door and then walk back I just can't face it at the moment I'm just not as confident as I was sad my DP just thinks I'm over stressing myself and tells me not too as I come across snappy a lot of the time but Im just so touchy . I just feel my kids are having rubbish childhood and I'm scared because they are growing too quick and I'm wasting time I should be enjoying with them ifyswim?

BeerTricksPott3r Tue 06-Nov-12 11:03:06

BeerTricksPott3r Tue 06-Nov-12 10:58:10

3plus2 Tue 06-Nov-12 10:56:35

They are 4 8 and 3 months smile I have pnd an unsupportive gp a some crappy ad's which I won't take so I'm battling it alone and I'm so horrible sometimes then I feel so guilty I have a bad day like today where I just sit and hide at home ...

Tell me about yourself and your children. smile I have two, a 3.3yo DD and a 10mo DS and am on my second bout of PND. I also had AND during my second pregnancy.

3plus2 Tue 06-Nov-12 10:48:01

No support really my mum doesn't think it's depression she thinks it hormonal my DP works I jus sit at home alone all day .... Pretty crap really

It will pass, I promise. I know there are days when it feels hopeless, but it really will go. Do you have any medical or family support?

3plus2 Tue 06-Nov-12 10:42:16

Feeling so crap, will this ever pass ? I feel so bad for my kids sad tell myself when I pick them up I will b a good mummy today and hug them and love them , but it doesn't happen cause I'm so miserable sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now