Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think that turning up to your daughter's first day of school wearing an 'anti -Early Years Foundation Stage' t-shirt a bit off?

(24 Posts)
CommonNortherner Wed 02-Sep-09 14:24:49

LOL! Amusing! Makes me want to turn up at various things with one! Anti-vax while having your child immunised, anti-formula while giving your baby a bottle of it! Fun!

OrmIrian Wed 02-Sep-09 12:21:03

How about 'Another brick in the wall' for your DC?

good for her.
she didnt want to send her child to school did she? grin

i might make one myself, for tomorrow!

somethign like School Holidays Rock,
or
We dont need to Education

suggestions appreciated grin

preciouslillywhite Wed 02-Sep-09 12:04:16

...quick, make friends with her and ask her where she got it! I'd like one for my first day at work wink

ChookKeeper Wed 02-Sep-09 11:43:52

There is campaign going - not against the EYFS per se but against it being statutory rather then advisory. For anyone interested their website is openeyecampaign.wordpress.com/

beanieb Wed 02-Sep-09 11:34:47

How silly of her, If it were me I would snub her at the gates and stop her from joining in any of the mother circles lest she prove to be a bad influence.

This post was of course brought to you by tongueincheek.com grin

Leave her alone and don't jusdge. YABVU

Feierabend Wed 02-Sep-09 11:29:57

ROFL. She's made my day grin

papulacandin Wed 02-Sep-09 11:29:12

It looked professionally printed with a web adress referred to but I didn't want to look too closely! And in any case was a little busy trying to keep emotions in check with DS going off like a little lamb into the classroom wink

catinthehat2 Wed 02-Sep-09 11:27:04

She's probably headmistress of another local school..

ScummyMummy Wed 02-Sep-09 11:24:29

lol! Was it a home made t shirt or can such garments be bought?

hmc Wed 02-Sep-09 11:24:00

It wouldn't bother me

preciouslillywhite Wed 02-Sep-09 11:23:33

what kathy said...

in fact when I scanned the op thought it was about a teacher wink

FarkinBarkin Wed 02-Sep-09 11:23:12

I wonder if she's got a whole set of them made up:

'Anti KS1' for the first day of Yr1

'Anti SATS' for the first day of Yr2 and Yr6.

Gawd knows what she'll dream up for Yr7. hmm

ThingOne Wed 02-Sep-09 11:21:22

How silly.

cheesesarnie Wed 02-Sep-09 11:16:27

grin

ROFL!
I should think if I wore one to our nursery the staff there would want to know where I got it cos they'd all want one.

I doubt the teachers will be holding it against the dd, some of them will probably secretly agree.

That will undoubtedly endear her and her DC to the school. Honestly, some people are silly. I don't like EYFS particularly, but I wouldn't have a t-shirt made specially. I can't imagine how DD would react if I were to wear something like that at her school. She is 8 and reads very well so, to have something that could possibly emabarrass her or undermine the school would cause her enormous discomfort.

expatinscotland Wed 02-Sep-09 11:12:13

I feel sorry for her daughter.

Yeah, if you feel that strongly why not HE?

Or fuck off?

Fnergle Wed 02-Sep-09 11:12:11

I bet she'll be popular with the teachers.

suwoo Wed 02-Sep-09 11:10:46

grin but shock.

Wonder why she doesn't HE then if she feels that strongly.

DaisymooSteiner Wed 02-Sep-09 11:10:18

She would strike me as a bit of a nutter!!

PMSL. How to win friends and influence people!

OrmIrian Wed 02-Sep-09 11:09:32

Goodness! I didn't know you could be that vehemently anti-EYFS. If she wants to undermine from within the system she needs to more subtle I suggest grin

papulacandin Wed 02-Sep-09 11:07:05

Dropped DS1 at school this morning and amongst the parents milling around was a Mum with an 'anti Early Years Foundation Stage' t-shirt on. I was a little bit shocked that you'd show up to drop your daughter off on the first day of school wearing a t-shirt that is anti the curriculum she'll be taught this year. BTW have no particular view myself on EYFS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now