Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

To have no social conscience about how much toilet roll we use.......

(83 Posts)
SmilesLikeNoOther Fri 05-Dec-08 07:57:07

I reduce, re-use, recycle, don't drive, use charity shops, never throw food away,
you name it I try to do it but,refuse to fold toilet roll origami style to be practical and economical, and refuse to teach my DD to do so.....grin.

Oh and with a family of four, a roll a day is not extravagant is it? [hopeful emoticon]

ToThrottleaRedRobin Sat 06-Dec-08 19:18:28

We buy morrisons 'arse scatcher' loo roll 12pack. We use a roll every couple of days, depending on whats been consumed grin

SmilesLikeNoOther Sat 06-Dec-08 19:10:09

One!!!!! I don't mind making the payment but one!!!! shockshock

dilemma456 Sat 06-Dec-08 19:00:08

Message withdrawn

SmilesLikeNoOther Sat 06-Dec-08 15:05:58

Hi fmvMckeith, I think you need a hobby!grin.

urgh at family cloth
I don't use real nappies (neither does DS ) but I thought they came with disposable liners these days (which I have always wondered abuot)

PrancerDancerCupidFMVixen Sat 06-Dec-08 14:23:14

I can't say I'll be swapping to a family cloth any time soon BUT
with a well balanced diet, and not too much meat, one shouldn't have too much excess to wipe off.
If your poo is very sticky, tis a sign your diet needs adjusting.....
I read that somewhere!

MadamAnt Sat 06-Dec-08 09:53:21

I was doing the weekly shop online with Waitrose Deliver, and was amused to see that my search for "bog roll" worked.

Wallace Sat 06-Dec-08 07:01:55

We buy Tesco value loo roll, and when I order it online the description always makes me laugh:

"Tesco Value Toilet Tissue 12 Roll 2400 Sht" grin

It's good, but not that good!

SmilesLikeNoOther Sat 06-Dec-08 02:42:31

Hugs multi-pack of soft, triple layered premium brand loo roll defensively and eyes thread cautiously.....so is that a YABU or YANBU then ladies?

ROFL grinsmile

terramum Fri 05-Dec-08 23:35:51

lol

er.....nogrin

you bloody lentil weaver

terramum Fri 05-Dec-08 23:33:08

Well my DS ate a lot more than carrots...and never smushed up (blw) so his poos were definatly rather adult-like, especially after about 18 months when he started eating more food than bm and got his molars so was actually chewing food.

What I would say though is not to go straight into doing family cloth for both #1's & #2's. Try it for just #1's for a while...once you get used to the nice soft cloth rather than the horrible scratchy paper it's hard to go back...even if you buy the good stuff.

i think i am going to have to bow out of this and go and lie down.
nothing you you are ever going to say is going to convince me that it's ok to wipe your bum on a cloth and then stick it in the washing machine.grin

the very thought makes me retch!grin

MadamAnt Fri 05-Dec-08 23:26:24

Oh OK. Pass that on to DS will you, cos he's flouting the nice poo rules. wink

Cloth nappies do not need to be soaked in sterilser (in fact my specifically say that they should not be).

sorry-what comes out of someones bum after a bottle of wine or a few beers and a curry is vastly different to a poo after a bowl of smushed up carrots. and anyway-i think reusable nappies need to be scraped and soaked in steriliser before washing.

MadamAnt Fri 05-Dec-08 23:18:57

(that was re: the adult vs toddler poo thing)

you don't do it as well? [faints clean away...]

MadamAnt Fri 05-Dec-08 23:17:59

MMJ - No. No it isn't. [haunted eyes emoticon]

juneybean Fri 05-Dec-08 23:17:50

I share with my brother and he appears to use an immense amount, and I thought I was bad, think we're using a roll every other day.

you are going to use that same machine to wash tea towels and dishcloths? and clothes?

terramum Fri 05-Dec-08 23:15:49

I don't think it is that different tmmj. Babies start doing proper poos long before they are out of nappies.

well double boak then

do you have to put your washing machine on a boil wash with nothing in every day?

i'm sorry but this makes me shudder-its disgusting!

terramum Fri 05-Dec-08 23:12:56

well yes nappies get scraped if there's a big log on them - but that doesn't clean all the poo off.....just how much poo do you think there is when you wipe? It's not like your crapping on the cloth LOL

...and no I didn't soak my nappies - I don't think I know of anyone who does these days.

and trust me-what comes out of the bum of an adult is completely different to what comes out of a babies bot!

but shitty nappies get scraped off and then soaked in steriliser first don't they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now