About Swale Heating?

(32 Posts)
VelvetSpoon Wed 30-Dec-15 15:30:45

Am fuming.

I posted on here a few days ago about my boiler breaking down (actually since then it's been working intermittently but clearly isn't right). A couple of posters recommended Swale, so I contacted them.

Called yesterday - was advised they could send someone out same day. However I was at work, so arranged it for today instead (and to work from home). They said they couldn't give me a call time (a bit hmm but ok...) but it would be from 8am. And they'd call 30-60 mins before to tell me engineer was on his way.

So, it gets to 3pm, and I think shouldn't I have heard by now? So I've just called.

Apparently the engineer will be here any time up to midnight. WTF??

They can't find out when, as he's not started his shift yet. Would I like to call back after 4pm when they might know, or he'll call me when he's on his way (apparently any time up to 11.30pm).

To be clear, this is not an emergency callout nor was it booked as such. Boiler is limping along, I have hot water and it's warm enough I don't need the heating on.

I can't tell them to stick it because a) I've worked from home today and won't be able to again for the foreseeable and b) I had to pay a £75 call out charge upfront.

I feel really annoyed and ripped off!

Spanglecrab Wed 30-Dec-15 15:42:37

I would cancel them. Whereabouts in the south east are you? What is the make of boiler and what are the symptoms?

VelvetSpoon Wed 30-Dec-15 15:45:25

I've already paid them £75 though.

Am in SE London/ Kent borders. Boiler fires up, but after a few hours it gives up, reset light starts flashing. Seems like it's a problem with the fan.

WMittens Wed 30-Dec-15 15:47:52

my boiler breaking down

To be clear, this is not an emergency callout nor was it booked as such.

Thanks for being clear. Were you just as clear when you spoke to them initially? Maybe they interpreted "boiler breaking down" during Winter as an emergency.

VelvetSpoon Wed 30-Dec-15 15:50:30

Yes, they asked me what the fault was, I said it was intermittent, and needed looking at but that we had hot water, and didn't need heating as it's so warm (and have a gas fire/ underfloor heating/ oil heaters if we needed it).

At no point did anyone say they might be with me up til midnight!

Spanglecrab Wed 30-Dec-15 15:52:30

If it's anywhere near Bromley and they let you down let me know. We have a heating company. Swale are good if you live in the Medway towns. They have a huge presence down there but recently lost a few contracts in your part of the world. As a result they wouldn't have a lot of engineers on hand.

VelvetSpoon Wed 30-Dec-15 15:53:07

When I posted on Boxing Day and said it had broken down, that was before we'd got it going again, and indeed it's been (intermittently) ok since then,which is what I said when I made the appt.

If they'd said they had no appts til the weekend, that would have been fine, I'd have waited (and not had to use my employers goodwill in letting me work from home).

Spanglecrab Wed 30-Dec-15 15:53:09

What boiler do you have?

VelvetSpoon Wed 30-Dec-15 15:56:39

Spangle, I am near Bromley. Thanks - I've asked them to arrange for a manager to call me back, if they are still expecting me to wait til midnight I'll be asking for a refund of my £75 and giving up on them.

VelvetSpoon Wed 30-Dec-15 15:57:13

Sorry it's a Worcester condensing boiler.

Spanglecrab Wed 30-Dec-15 16:24:24

I've got a guy I know - one of the top tech guys at Worcester and now has a company. He has someone finishing a job in Bromley now. JA Powers. Speak to John and tell him Ben sent you and he'll look after you. Google the company and read the recommendations on the east dulwich forum

VelvetSpoon Wed 30-Dec-15 17:31:12

Ah Spangle thanks so much - however Swale have now been (after I complained) and it's all sorted. Do appreciate your recommendation though, and may well contact them in future about servicing my boiler (and gas fire), and a couple of other central heating issues. Certainly won't use Swale again, even though they seem to have sorted the problem, but only after I had to complain!

Spanglecrab Wed 30-Dec-15 18:19:33

What was the issue out of interest? Low pressure or blocked consense pipe? Glad it got sorted out.

Spanglecrab Wed 30-Dec-15 18:20:06

Condense**

HelenaDove Sun 10-Jan-16 17:21:33

www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/news/boiler-passed-safe-day-before-40568/

HelenaDove Sun 10-Jan-16 17:51:38

lucy-exposes-the-cheats.weebly.com/swale-heating.html

ghostyslovesheep Sun 10-Jan-16 17:55:25

yeah you're about 2 weeks too late hmm

HelenaDove Sun 10-Jan-16 18:22:57

I only spotted these articles today and then i remembered this thread.

HelenaDove Thu 07-Jul-16 01:01:57

twitter.com/Ally_L_L_X/status/750129942554406912

HelenaDove Sat 06-Aug-16 00:54:10

From Google reviews.

"Steve A611WAX
in the last week-
After attending our property to secure loose external pipework, due to having our Hob temporarily fitted (new kitchen being fitted), we ended up with the pipework to the Hob being cut through and capped off.

Then I raised a complaint about the pipework being cut unnecessarily (they could have removed a bayonet fitting and capped the pipe without damage) it took almost a month of emails before a phone call from a technical manager.

As a result of the phone call (apparently an engineer can interpret the regulations so that they are always right) Swale Reported me to the HSEQ!!

Luckily the HSEQ Agent was very sympathetic and agreed that it was petty of Swale to report after the complaint.

I have had to Pay out now to have the pipe repaired and Swale are not interested accusing me of being in breach of my lease and involving the landlords!

I will be telling the landlord that I do not wish them to do work on my property again.

I wonder how many google accounts swale had to open to get the positive feedback ?"

HelenaDove Wed 09-Nov-16 19:11:44

They are getting worse and worse. Complaints galore are hitting their fb page and twitter every day.

HelenaDove Wed 09-Nov-16 19:13:59

Absolutely appalling.

www.facebook.com/SwaleHeating/

HelenaDove Fri 11-Nov-16 19:10:12

Latest comment on there.

"Today at 16:41
Are you taking the mick??? If you are its a very sick Joke. On Monday I called you to say that I can not make the appointment that you automatically rebooked me for the 15/11/16 , after you decided to cancel on the day of the original appointment (4/11/16). I clearly told you Male advisor that on the 15/11/16 I will be at my fathers FUNERAL. and so I will not be able to attened. I didnt expect any condolences from you, as your staff are not exactly empathetic at the best of times, I did however expect him to listen to me and cancel the appointment and arrange another with me. I explained to him that YOU canceled the original on the day of the appointment. and that if you want to attend again, you will need to make it the weekend as I can not take any more time off of work to accomidate the possibility that you may or may not turn up. Going by last years events, where you let me down on several occasions, I am not holding my breath this year, and as like last year you need to book at a time that suits me. He argued with me, said that basically its tuff. I ended the call. Today I receive a text message from you saying that you WILL be arriving on the 15/11/16. the day I will be in the CREMATORIUM saying good bye to my father. I am currently on hold, (only 35 minutes waiting to get through so far!) . I have two children and so my holiday entitlement is used during holidays to save me from paying the high Childcare costs. If you wish for me to cancel one of my holidays so that I end up paying for child care fees for one of these days, then you will need to cover my costs. I very much doubt that you pay your own staff to have a day off to wait in for a service of any kind, or provide them with the additional holiday, or pay for child care to allow them to do this. so why the hell do you expect working families to bow to your 9-5 ? It is not our problem if you do not have the insite to to accomidate the working family, knowing full well that most working hours are 9-5, like yours. You really need to look at your working hours, your customer service, and your ability to think outside the box. I have , on several occasions provided your staff with hours that i can do, that are not suitable for you. it is not my fault that you failed to meet a mutually convienient date, and now you are expecting me to work around you again. sorry but no. you will need to do this in a time period that suits me. I have just now got through to your advisory team 50 minutes on hold, asked to speak to a manager. and no one can speak to me until next week. disgusting!!!! "

HelenaDove Fri 11-Nov-16 19:26:49

Comment from another earlier today.

"Today at 09:59
What a poor service no heating or hot water since Sunday .this is causing so much stress and discomfort to my 2 disabled children and myself I have numerous health problems .a engineer was meant to fix yesterday between 12/5 and at 5pm I get a phone call from engineer to say he hasn't got part and that it will be done today instead .what a lie .so I have to ring Swale again this to get again to be fobbed off and told not going to be fixed until Monday .this is a total utter joke .I cancelled appointments yesterday the service is let down .I have high blood pressure heart problems and breathing problems plus other conditions .all this stress is aggravating my conditions..and I will be seeking legal advice "

HelenaDove Sun 13-Nov-16 18:13:22

Today at 10:12
I have now been without heating for over 12 months.. my three young children are always ill because the house is freezing. Supplying me with electric fan heaters that are unsafe to use around my toddler really isn't any help. Between you and @orbiteasthousing are an absolute disgrace. Your company sends out people who have no clue on what they are doing or what is wrong with my heating. Also my solar isn't connected and hasn't been in the 5 years I've lived here! There is so many problems with the heating in this house and no one can fix it! Is it really to much to ask in this day and age to have WORKING central heating????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now