To think that you shouldn't dump someone IN BED!

(81 Posts)
gail734 Thu 10-Oct-13 19:55:10

Years ago, I had a boyfriend who did this! I'd been going out with him for 18 months and although I'd spent the whole of the evening in question with him, he didn't chuck me until we got into bed together. Looking back, I think he was too cowardly to do it face to face, but once the lights were out he found that he could do it. I didn't live with him, but I'd driven there and then had several drinks, so I still stayed the night (in the spare room). No idea why I didn't get a taxi - I was kind of mortified by shock tbh. I also have a friend who was once dumped at the top of a mountain! She and her now ex-boyfriend then hiked back to her car and she still gave him a lift home. We thought it would have been so funny if she'd left him in the wilderness, but on reflection maybe maintaining her dignity was good. What's the shittiest way in which you've been dumped?

Sinful1 Thu 10-Oct-13 21:58:01

Not sure if this counts as I was the one who was trying to do the dumping in the first place, nothing dickish just found that didn't feel the same anymore so I went round we sat down and had a talk she seemed fine a bit teary but said she understood that sometimes people grow apart.

She got up and went off to the kitchen without saying anything so I waited a moment then followed to see if she was ok, cue me walking through the kitchen door to see her stood there looking angry as hell, next thing I know she comes flying at me with something in her hand managed to push her off and leg it outside before realising what she'd had was a Stanly knife I now have a huge scar running right from me shoulder to the opposite hip.

Never went to the police/hospital so it never got stiched like it needed so the scar is huge and lumped out.
It's always a fun explanation when I take my shirt off and look like I lost a sword

cashmiriana Thu 10-Oct-13 22:06:45

My lovely lovely friend had a boyfriend who was working overseas. She was at university, and saved up to spend the summer with him. He dumped her 48 hours after she arrived.

He's quite a prominent person these days. Every time I see him on tv I give him the evil eye for what he did to her.

I've never been dumped badly myself, but I have dumped someone on Valentine's Day before, and another on his birthday... I have terrible timing blushblush

Worst dumping ever was when my ex didn't come with me to a family funeral as he found funerals too traumatic. I arrived back home the next day to find him not there. He called to dump me from the bed of the woman he'd gone to shag while I'd been away. I could hear her in the background. He was a cunty fucker.

SweetSeraphim Thu 10-Oct-13 22:35:00

Cunty fucker grin

bdbfan Thu 10-Oct-13 22:36:30

Not as bad as some of these but when I was 17 I got dumped by fax. Which my parents saw first and wordlessly handed the fax to me

bdbfan Thu 10-Oct-13 22:36:33

Not as bad as some of these but when I was 17 I got dumped by fax. Which my parents saw first and wordlessly handed the fax to me

Chocolatehunter Thu 10-Oct-13 22:44:13

Not my story but I went to uni with a bloke who dumped his girlfriend (my friend) at her hospital bedside after she'd just had an emergency operation.

AnyFucker Thu 10-Oct-13 22:44:54

I got dumped in Asda carpark once. That was a bit shit.

Sinful1 Fri 11-Oct-13 09:12:02

Least you were close to cheap booze and ice cream :p

LadyBigtoes Fri 11-Oct-13 09:19:53

I know someone whose boyfriend proposed to her in bed and she was most annoyed! She wanted to marry him but she was a catholic and she said it just didn't seem right grin

Latara Fri 11-Oct-13 09:28:26

Sinful1 being stabbed sounds pretty bad!

For me it's mainly been when the guy has not bothered to contact me again; only one lad did it nicely over the phone... at least I wasn't in love properly with any of them!

kotinka Fri 11-Oct-13 09:37:11

I've been dumped in bed too, what made it worse is the cowardly little shit used the " it's not you, it's me" line. I eventually realised he was telling the truth, he was so utterly selfish, there was only room for him in his life. Tosser. grin

most dumb reason I've been dumped was for refusing to eat a pasta meal this guy was planning to cook for me ( I was low carbing and he hadn't actually bought anything or cooked yet!) apparently, I was supposed to be bowled over by his cooking. I found that one hilarious, didn't realise till that argument he was a control freak.

Mrsb999 Fri 11-Oct-13 09:47:04

My ex dumped me when we on our first holiday abroad together, About 3 days into a 2 week stay! All because O wouldn't walk up a hill with him....he then left me crying in bed because he was hungry and went to the hotel restaurant. Looking back now I can see the funny side but at the time not so much!

On a camping holiday , 3 days in to a 7 day stay .
The rest of the holiday was rather awkward in the 2 man tent

springthorn Fri 11-Oct-13 10:40:49

Ex dumped me at his brother's wedding when I was 3 months pregnant, because he "wasn't ready to be a dad". We had lived together for over 4 years, were engaged, in our thirties and when I first found out I was pregnant he told everyone how overjoyed he was (??!) Have since found out he prefers men.

10 years prior to this a DP of 3 years went on holiday to Mexico...and didn't come back! He didn't even think to tell me he'd stayed out there - found out through his friend several months later! He's since come back to the UK and decided that he prefers men too!!!

For my 28th birthday, this guy I'd met internet dating decided to take me on a surprise break to a 5* hotel in the Lake District - it was only our second date, talk about full on! The four days we were away were painful - whereas he was chatty online, in real life he barely spoke! On the final day I told him that it just wasn't working and he cried all the way home in the car. Trust our luck we got stuck in a traffic jam on the M6 and our journey took over 8 hours!!

springthorn Fri 11-Oct-13 10:43:04

Oh yeah, I also got dumped once for not eating broccoli one guy had cooked for me!

kotinka Fri 11-Oct-13 12:03:16

springthorn, I shouldn't laugh, but broccoli??? grin

springthorn Fri 11-Oct-13 12:20:03

Yeah, he actually cried because I wouldn't eat it - I didn't appreciate him, apparently!

filimou Fri 11-Oct-13 12:29:15

Got dumped by text, which isnt as awful as anyone above, but it was on Christmas morning. And I didn't even get a present.
Dick.

JustThisOnceOrTwiceOrThrice Fri 11-Oct-13 12:54:44

Sinful1 shock

MimiSam Fri 11-Oct-13 13:18:07

Dumped by boyfriend on holiday on the Isle of Skye and, as we were in my car, I then drove hom all theway back to bloody Devon! Literally one of the longest journies possible in the UK and we sat in silence the whole way, with me crying..why I didn't just chuck him out of the car, I'll never know.

MonstrousPippin Fri 11-Oct-13 13:22:26

My room mate at uni spent a gap year in the USA before returning to the UK to study. On the first day I met her, she gushed about the USA, spoke in an American accent and told me of her amazing American fiance and how they were totally in love.

By the end of freshers' week, she'd had several guys in our room and I heard no mention of the amazing finace!

Fast forward a few weeks - mid Nov in the first term he flies over from the USA to visit her. She goes to meet him at the airport, dumps him and I never see him. The poor guy got straight back on a plane to the USA having never left the airport. I felt really sorry for him, not least because it must have cost him a lot of money and she had ample opportunity to tell him it was over way before that.

SugarMiceInTheRain Fri 11-Oct-13 13:27:33

I had a holiday booked with a guy who saw fit to dump me with the line 'It's just not right' (no explanation, no warning signs) shortly before we went. There was no way I was going to forfeit my plane ticket, so we spent a rather awkward 10 days together in America. confused

SPBisResisting Fri 11-Oct-13 13:28:05

by fax!! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now