Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to be stupidly excited about going to bed?

(21 Posts)
specialmagiclady Mon 17-Jun-13 23:06:05

It is clean-sheets-and-a-clean-nightie night.

Boomba Mon 17-Jun-13 23:07:33

if you are, then I am too! Its not even clean sheets! But I have been looking forward to going to bed, since I got up this morning

sleep well

LegoAcupuncture Mon 17-Jun-13 23:11:22

Ah, but have you also shaved your legs?

NumTumDeDum Mon 17-Jun-13 23:12:37

Are the sheets ironed? your answer affects your reasonableness

I am off now. Night night

ReindeerBollocks Mon 17-Jun-13 23:14:55

People iron their bedsheets shock

YANBU bedtime is a great time of day, especially with fresh bedding.

People still wear nighties?

I'm a pj hater though so I don't know whats 'hip' these days grin

Too warm for night clothes

thebody Mon 17-Jun-13 23:15:29

Ooh lovely, clean fresh sheets and just got out if the bath fresh with coconut butter moisturiser.

Op lovely.

NumTumDeDum Mon 17-Jun-13 23:18:56

People don't iron their bedsheets? shock

iamadoozermum Mon 17-Jun-13 23:21:23

I love bath, clean sheets and pyjamas nights. DH finds it totally bizarre. Had a shower tonight instead and it just doesn't feel right. So YATotallyNBU

thebody Mon 17-Jun-13 23:21:24

My mother does!! Mental.

steppemum Netherlands Mon 17-Jun-13 23:25:42

my mum gets her cleaner to irons her sheets. they are 100% cotton in that look all screwed up till they are ironed way.

simple solution - don't buy sheets like that!

specialmagiclady Tue 18-Jun-13 06:48:22

Morning all! Yes -sheets ironed.not the nightie (I iron quadrilaterals only). Anything other than pure cotton leaves me in a fetid pit of sweat.

If I was rich (or childless - or both), I would have freshly ironed sheets every day. Yum!

I iron the bedlinen and I starch it.

There is nothing more comforting [ yes I know there is really!] than making up a clean bed, when you unfold the sheet and the starchy crunchiness envelopes the mattress.

I always make sure I'm first in bed on clean linen night!

digerd Tue 18-Jun-13 07:15:58

I never iron my sheets/duvet covers as they don't need to be. Still in my fleece ones anyway which don't crease.
My summer ones are a beautiful silky soft german quality, and hung up in the warmth, straightened out on the line, they are as smooth as they are silky soft pure cottonsmile.

digerd Tue 18-Jun-13 07:17:55

ps " My hot summer night ones"

were doing sheets tonight. long overdue makes it even better I cannot wait!

I did consider posting about this last night smile I had clean sheets too but they were ruined for me as I got up to do the dream feed and when I got back DP had spread himself all across my side; he has the wingspan of a bloody albatross. Then my side smelled of his stinky deodorant, just not the same sad

Numberlock Tue 18-Jun-13 07:45:58

YouStay Can I ask where you get starch from these days? I couldn't find it in the supermarket.

specialmagiclady Tue 18-Jun-13 13:01:40

Fandango - LTB! (Or at least invest in large hatpin should be dare to encroach on your side again)

aaah bliss!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now