to ask what a mumsnet summer will hold?

(62 Posts)
gordyslovesheep Mon 20-May-13 15:49:21

So we have Feb and march - crap valentines and no present for mothers day threads

Easter is omg mil gave my child chocolate ...

Eurovision ...obviously

And the Christmas favourites mil-dinner- how much do you spend- Shit gifts

So what are the summer staples?

Lweji Mon 20-May-13 15:50:54

Oh, the rain?

TheVermiciousKnid Mon 20-May-13 15:51:09

Weddings. Bloody weddings.

cat Mon 20-May-13 15:52:45

Parents who put FB status' about dreading the summer holidays vs the horrified super mummies who can't wait to spend 24/7 with their darlings for 6 weeks

scaevola Mon 20-May-13 15:56:04

We've had naked toddlers on the beach already, and a sunscreen one. But I've not seen a crocs thread yet. And has there been competitive v non-competitive sports day" or "FFS it's only a parents race"

And then there's grade inflation to look forward to at the end of August (though might that look different this year?)

usualsuspect Mon 20-May-13 15:59:16

Bikinis for little girls and next doors bbq will make an appearance any time soon.

TheVermiciousKnid Mon 20-May-13 15:59:59

Inconsidertate neighbours who light bonfires / BBQs
Fussy neighbours who complain about bonfires / BBQs

TheVermiciousKnid Mon 20-May-13 16:02:00

Inconsiderate even. hmm

usualsuspect Mon 20-May-13 16:04:20

Men walking around with their tops off is debated every year.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 20-May-13 16:05:31

It's too hot, too wet, too cold.
Wimbledon, and people that hate Andy Murray because he once said something which I've clean forgotten.
Last year was fab as we had the Olympics with Mumsnet moaning about it for months before (not me though, I love the Olympics) then everybody coming round and loving them too.

usualsuspect Mon 20-May-13 16:07:28

We had the queens jubilee to love or hate last year too.

ouryve Mon 20-May-13 16:07:53

Late night parties in the garden.
Queues at attractions.

wibblyjelly Mon 20-May-13 16:10:07

More parking threads, as people invite friends and family over for BBQ's? I've not been here for a MN summer, I'm quite excited!

Yes, and this year we will have Wills and Kate's baby - there will be decate on taxpayers money going to pay for the baby's upkeep, and debate on what a brilliant/awful name they have chosen....

Debate, not decate!

usualsuspect Mon 20-May-13 16:12:53

Holidays with in laws angst threads.

CaramelLatte Mon 20-May-13 16:19:06

Oh I am so looking forward to summer now- my first one on MN smile.

CherylTrole Mon 20-May-13 16:21:15

Where to go on holibobs the class wars, Uk caravan holibobs or Dubai 5* holibobs? You decide?

Bowlersarm Mon 20-May-13 16:23:58

Exam results!

Did very well, so very very happy.

Oh no! So unlucky, was ill, wrong questions came up, it was too hot, it was too cold. What happens now?

CherylTrole Mon 20-May-13 16:33:12

Is my neighbour BU for having a noisy BBQ til 4 in the morning ?
What will I buy my DH for Fathers Day?/ Oh shit I forgot its Fathers Day!
Not forgetting Big Brother of course!

TheVermiciousKnid Mon 20-May-13 16:33:52

The word 'holibobs'!

usualsuspect Mon 20-May-13 16:35:04

Smokers wafting their smoke around in childrens play areas in the park.

usualsuspect Mon 20-May-13 16:36:05

Children running up slides and hogging the swings.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 20-May-13 16:37:03

The anti dog threads always pop up over summer, people finally venture out to their local park/beach and then start getting all huffy because the local dog walkers who have been there all year round have the audacity to let their dog look in the general direction of their PFB.

And the dog walkers get all huffy that their usually clean parks/beaches are now over run with the left overs of people's picnics.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 20-May-13 16:38:55

Or people having a fag in their garden when the Op's children are playing outside Usual, which obviously wafts into the barbecue smoke, but it's still vile.
<Vile is my very favourite outraged MN word>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now