To think you don't give chewing gum to a three year old.

(28 Posts)
HiggsBoson Fri 22-Mar-13 16:17:06

Last time I posted in AIBU my arse was ripped to shreds...but I can handle it grin

My judgey pants are wedged so far up my crack I might never be able to hoik them out again.

Took 3 yo DD swimming today and there are three other boys and girls in her class the same age.

After the class they were all given CHEWING GUM by their mums...not any old gum, but Hubba Bubba hmm

AIBU in thinking WTAF??!!

Is this normal? I would never dream of giving DD gum, but perhaps I'm living some kind of closeted existence.

One mum also sprayed her son's underarms with Lynx antiperspirant hmm

idiot55 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:18:00

agree with Toys, chewing gum fine but sugar laden/ e number laden hubba bubba is a no no.

deodorant is just odd

ToysRLuv Fri 22-Mar-13 19:18:46

Understand how hubba bubba could be a choking risk - it's huge! But not normal small sugar free gum piece. Although I also make sure he ds doesn't run and play with gum in his mouth. Just in case - like with any food.

Mum gave me sugar-free chewing gum from the age of three - never Hubba Bubba - always under supervision, and I wasn't allowed to run. I seem to remember being given it in places like museums where silence and a sedate walking pace was appropriate.

Lynx is weird, though, and surely unhealthy at that age. Was it definitely antiperspirant or was it the body spray? Maybe little boy likes having underarm spray like dad?? <sound of straws being clutched>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now