To not want 15mo DD's face washed in dirty washing up water?

(19 Posts)
Loulybelle Sun 17-Mar-13 11:07:45

fecking ewwwww, i'd stuck his head in it. I dont even look putting my hands in dirty dish water.

pigletmania Sun 17-Mar-13 11:03:58

errrrr i feel sick, that is disgusting. yes would he wash in that water!

wonderingsoul, I asked as it seems such an utterly bizarre thing to do and as the OP seemed to think it was too and no mention of other laziness I had assumed that it's not the case that they're generally Wayne and Waynetta Slob!!

You're probably right that it was a daft thing to ask without more to go on.

I still think that for someone to choose brown greasy water over plain clean water from the tap right next to it is a very wierd thing to do! I'm betting he's seen an older relative in his family do it and assumed that its been done down the ages. Yes it might have been - in Victorian workhouses!!'

Think I'm very particular about this sort of thing too as ds 2 had eczema at that age and to wash his face in dirty brown bacon fat water would have been unthinkable.

Anyway all sorted now by the sounds of it.

My ex-MIL used to do this. Lift the really filthy washing up cloth and wash the kids faces. The cloth actually smelt so bad it was gross. I tried and tried and tried to get her to use babywipes. I failed.

(I'm really the most un-PFB person ever and I don't mind a drop of clean dirt but this was disgusting)

lljkk Sat 16-Mar-13 17:57:37

But you eat off the dishes that just came out of that water, no?
Don't really see the problem.

facedontfit Sat 16-Mar-13 15:56:18

Yuck

wonderingsoul Sat 16-Mar-13 10:23:12

why must he have mental health issues for doing a single stupid thing?

if she had listed other things, you MAY have had a right to mention or question it. but why jump to the conclusion that its because he's mentally unwell?

what a strange thing to say and ask.

Washingupwater Sat 16-Mar-13 09:51:52

We've chatted again. Obviously it wasn't ideal but we're both ill and exhausted. I think it's a one off. Thanks for your thoughts.

Fakebook Sat 16-Mar-13 09:49:58

Ugh. That is just revolting.

Nagoo Sat 16-Mar-13 09:49:01

That's an odd thing to do. I'd be checking the glasses as well. envy

catballou Sat 16-Mar-13 09:37:32

And washing up liquid is hardly desirable on a toddler's face! He was just being lazy and outrageously so.

Does he have any mental health problems?

LandofTute Sat 16-Mar-13 09:32:44

Bonkers

Washingupwater Sat 16-Mar-13 09:27:26

He said yes sheep. I've never seen him do it though.

SheepNoisesOff Sat 16-Mar-13 09:26:33

Would he wash his own face in it? Ewww!

revolting, really stomach turning

Shinyshoes1 Sat 16-Mar-13 09:24:24

<boak>

Yanbu that's beyond grim

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 16-Mar-13 09:22:15

Eww! YANBU! My SIL did this when the water was turned off...she had a bucket of water in the garden for hand washing and it was GREY after a few hours and she was encouraging my 4 year old to wash her hands in it! YAK!

Washingupwater Sat 16-Mar-13 09:21:15

So DH did the washing up this morning which included frying pans and everything else for breakfast. There was brownish suddy water left behind. Post breakfast, DH took DD to be washed and washed her hands and face in the dirty water left over from the washing up. He said its soapy water so what's the problem? I said it was disgusting, really unacceptable and he should use fresh water. I think he thinks I'm fussing about nothing. So AIBU and PFB?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now