To be annoyed that the school are doing nothing about this?!

(54 Posts)
PenguinBear Tue 05-Mar-13 22:04:18

There have been messages written on the toilet wall wishing dd1 would kill herself etc. really nasty stuff and the school's crap investigations found nothing.

It has happened again and to quote the school 'we are at a loss' hmm.

I could give them a list as long as my arm of things they could do, none of which have been done.

What can we do? We've written to the head, written to all staff invoked including head of year etc. Considering pulling her out but it's a fee paying school and we are on a Scholarship so DP is worried that they'll think we're ungrateful if we pull her out.

Would it be worth contacting the police at all?

Snoopingforsoup Thu 07-Mar-13 13:03:20

Governors if they don't do anything more.
Make a complaint that will be found upon school inspection.
Your child deserves this to be sorted, scholarship or not. Keep on at them, they need to keep an eye on your daughter.

BeckAndCall Thu 07-Mar-13 16:06:43

Agree with rollmopses ^ ^

Sounds like a very balanced opinion - chip on each shoulder

coatonarack Thu 07-Mar-13 18:05:57

OK, I'll rephrase. I worked in a PS for 4.5 years and the teachers THERE were b lazy b. So I left. And my DD is in a PS and most definitely will not be staying on for 6th form as her teachers are b lazy b.

However, one of my DS's friends has a wonderful Mum who is one of the most awesome, inspiring, dedicated, workaholic fantastic English teachers I've ever met. Jaw droppingly brilliant. She teaches in an Academy.

So I know that there are some good teachers out there. But also some crp ones. And the ones who protest so much about what a hard life teachers have are usually the crp ones as the good teachers are too busy working in the school for the benefit of their charges to have time to do any moaning.

Gone off thread, but just because someone teaches in a PS doesn't automatically qualify them to be above criticism.

coatonarack Thu 07-Mar-13 18:06:43

And yes, there ARE some brilliant PSchools around. And some brilliant PS teachers. Just not in my area. But your area is probably different. And they are probably v good there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now