to think that 40 years of age

(83 Posts)
SoleSource Fri 01-Mar-13 16:46:48

is not OLD as in past it, dicrepit.

mizu Sat 02-Mar-13 09:28:03

I have been 40 for two weeks. Same as most on here, generally feel loads better than I did at 30, more sorted and settled, more confident. Happier and think I look better too.

There is still that little niggle though that I am getting older. You never think that it is going to happen to you do you?!

Getting older is better than the alternative grin

I celebrate every year! If other people think 39/40 is old, then screw them!!! I'm young grin

ivykaty44 Sat 02-Mar-13 14:04:03

but surely you don't have just one day as middle age - when you get to 40 and 6 months ...so for a day your middle aged and then what?

Its 35 - 45 and who cares a jot.

I work with a really old man,he is a grumpy old man who feels aches and pains and get tried if he isn't in bed for 10pm and then has to have his lovely routine and a beer on a saturday as a treat He has health and a decent body. He is the oldest man I know - he has been alive all of 26 years.

I know men of 70 that are far far younger and go out and still have a lot to do and a lot of fun along the way

When I was in my 20's I worked with someone of 40. And she was OLD. I mean in her attitude, dress, behaviour. Frumpy, and out of touch.

I passed that milestone several years ago, but I do often feel as though I'm still about 18. I don't intend to start acting middle-aged until another couple of decades have passed. Maybe then I'll be ready for orthapedic shoes, mimsy dresses, short hair, and watching Miss Marple.

ivykaty44 Sat 02-Mar-13 14:15:27

{grin] I don't think I will ever be ready for orthopaedic shoes, mimsy dress and watching miss Marple

I will though refuse to grow my hair and may even have a no1 cut wink

If I end up cutting my hair (which obviously will happen one day!), then I'll have to dye it an outrageous colour. At the moment, it's scruffy and only a slightly unnatural shade.

I tend to wear t-shirts with slogans, and trainers, and carry a rucksack. And listen to loud music.

I'm reminded that the person I worked with thought she was being an assertive feminist, and once had a run-in with someone who'd come to fix the photocopier. Let's call her 'A'.
Engineer: Alright love? I've come to fix the copier
A: It's in the office. And I'm not your love.
E: Oh, okay darling.

I had to find some urgent work to do to mask my laughter.

"Getting older is better than the alternative" Well said nalu smile

SoleSource Sat 02-Mar-13 17:44:09

Nalu smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now