Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

does anyone remember the PIzza express thread when the person APPEARED on the thread?

(60 Posts)
BelindaCarlisle Sun 24-Feb-13 21:40:19

Someone was moaning about a mess left in PE and should they trash the place, leave napkins food etc all over the floor.

and the person concerned arrived on the thread

grin grin grin at tatty & notgoingtooutmyself scanning for ridiculous long leopard print scarves.

SneakyNinja Tue 26-Feb-13 21:06:30

I remember the one about the nursery owner smacking her child too. Op was getting hassled by her family then poof forever gone.

lionheart Tue 26-Feb-13 15:58:53

I remember the thread and the one about the woman being pushed. Didn't realise the pusher had come on as well.

TattyCatty Mon 25-Feb-13 19:40:51

It took me a while before I dared to go back to Pizza Express though.......... wink

NotGoingToOutMyself Mon 25-Feb-13 19:23:19

Ah well, if it got TC onto Mumsnet, something good came out of it!

Arf! Hello MDI!

It was me rather than TC who recognised the situation and posted on the orig thread. TC wasn't even an MNer until I shared the thread with her.

She thinks she knows who you are too btw. Why not discuss it over coffee one afternoon, but be careful not to smash the cup afterwards wink.

TattyCatty Mon 25-Feb-13 17:20:35

Notgoingtooutmyself - now that's very scary indeed! I have mentioned DD's school on here before (as it's a bloody fine one!), so now I'm going to be looking for signs of a fellow MNer at the school gates.......... grin

VivaLeBeaver Mon 25-Feb-13 16:47:33

I've just been googling to try and find Victoria beckhams closer magazine interview..not found it yet but the thread made the daily wail which I hadn't realised.

dm link

NotGoingToOutMyself Mon 25-Feb-13 16:31:42

<Makes dramatic entrance>

I was the OP on the Pizza Express thread. I had no idea it was so infamous!

In my defence, I knew the waitress and she had a good old moan to us about how the ladies had just got up and left it, plus had left no tip. It did all look rather damning! As soon as Tatty came along and pointed out that they had offered to clear up and that they had indeed left a tip, I apologised. Perhaps the real villain of the piece was the waitress for telling Tatty that the mess didn't matter when, clearly, she was very narked about it and for telling us porkies.

It was very funny how everyone was agreeing with me about mess being awful until Tatty turned up, then I was flamed for being critical and unsympathetic to mums with toddlers. I think there was even speculation that I was a troll because I didn't get chance to come back to the thread for ages and respond to comments.

There is a new twist to the story as I think I now know TattyCatty in real life. I've seen her name on a thread about the school my DD goes to and I think her DD goes to the same school. Could be wrong but I've namechanged so I don't out myself to her!

VivaLeBeaver Mon 25-Feb-13 16:18:53

I remember the cheap scents thread and the thread where the shopkeeper pushed the mumsnetter and her mum out the shop. They were funny. And the kids party mix up thread.

I started a thread about Victoria Beckham once....fairly innocent stuff but some people said some not very pleasant stuff and a couple of months later she was moaning about it in a Closer interview. That was years ago.

montmartre Mon 25-Feb-13 16:12:22

No, gia, as in @giagia, as in Mr d ream's wife.

AlisonMoyet Mon 25-Feb-13 14:04:43

gina?

dawntigga didn't see that thread, but I can guess who you mean grin

dawntigga Mon 25-Feb-13 13:06:59

Ah yes, Gia brought that to our attention on the threat where somebody, who will remain nameless, thought that Mr Gia called himself Prof because he was full of himself.

WetMyselfAtThatThreadTiggaxx

Yes I remrmber! Was talking abt it just the other day

sis Mon 25-Feb-13 12:57:17

then there was the thread about Guardian columnist Tim Dowling which Tim and his wife turned up on www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/757299-Tim-Dowling-for-example-is-a-twat

SarkyPants Mon 25-Feb-13 12:49:14

and there was one where someone was moaning about some accommodation (in the SW?) and the owner then came on and made a right arse of himself.

gardengate Mon 25-Feb-13 12:29:36

Do you remember the DH posting that his wife wouldn't let him buy a sportscar, moaning about her as a tight-arsed frigid bitch and she came on saying that the garage was full of exensive crap he'd bought and never used (ie jetskis)£ she didn't want him to use joint savings on a 2-seater car for DH/DD which she could never sit in. I wonder if they are divorced?

foxache Mon 25-Feb-13 10:55:29

Wasn't there a chat thread about the perfume company (Cheap Smells?) and the OP said they'd sent the wrong perfume and complained, then the owner turned up on the thread?

Someone recently posted again about them, asking for recommendations and the replies were positive, so I think it's all been forgotten.

Psammead Mon 25-Feb-13 10:17:47

Oh, check me out with my question marks at the end of statements. Sorry about that.

Psammead Mon 25-Feb-13 10:16:57

I remember one about a child who had vommed? And the person in the restaurant had to clean it up? Was that the same one?

limitedperiodonly Mon 25-Feb-13 10:09:04

There was one where a pregnant poster was manhandled out of a twee shop for the crime of her child touching the display. It went on for ages because it was going to court and she kept giving updates.

Then the shopkeeper came on threatening legal all sorts. He sounded like Edward from The League of Gentlemen's local shop.

She won in court in the end and I think she's still here. I loved that thread.

GetOrf Mon 25-Feb-13 08:16:01

Bloody hell how have I missed all this shite, I have been here for years.

I do remember the recent party one - it seemed rather odd, loads of cheerleading 'clumsy' on. I think it was completely fabricated tbh. The OP started another thread a few days later with live updates re a cake and people were going yeah, yeah, chinny reckon.

I don't believe half the bollocks on here at the moment, tbh.

TheElephantIsADaintyBird Mon 25-Feb-13 08:12:40

Ooh what happened on the Gina Ford one? How does anyone know it was actually her? I'd have loved to be on that one!

Sugarice Mon 25-Feb-13 08:03:55

A more recent one was a story about a woman from her window seeing a toddler being aggressively smacked by his Mum [parked outside her house] then getting into a car with a locally well known business address plastered all over it.

The woman banged on her window telling her to stop smacking her child then the Mum knocked on her door appealing to her that it wasn't how it looked.

Next thing or next day , Angry Gran of child appeared on the thread calling us all sorts shock for commenting on the smacking and I think complained to HQ.

I don't think it was the hairy hand either but I stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now