To wonder why Nick Clegg didn't know about the specific allegations

(14 Posts)
LineRunner Tue 26-Feb-13 09:14:01

Is Chris Rennard effectively accusing all those women of lying? His defence seems to be that he didn't do anything wrong.

Clegg's many mistakes over this include relying on plain-thinking Danny Alexander to deal with the wily Rennard.

A miserable tale of power corrupting.

PessaryPam Tue 26-Feb-13 08:54:39

Michael Sheen, he gets to play everyone. Although I reckon Andy Serkis could do it, he's really good at getting into character. My precious.....

Theshriekingharpy Tue 26-Feb-13 08:37:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gardengate Sun 24-Feb-13 22:32:47

That's an insult to David Mitchell! Can you imagine Daniel Day Lewis getting into character for this?

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Sun 24-Feb-13 22:28:19

David Mitchell?

gardengate Sun 24-Feb-13 22:27:18

That's OK! If they made a film of this, who would play Nick Clegg?

Jinsei Sun 24-Feb-13 22:08:36

And they has a two hour meeting the day lord R resigned

Ah, didn't know this. Seems a long time to talk about resigning on health grounds. wink but if he was pushed, why the heck don't they just admit it?!

blondecat Sun 24-Feb-13 22:04:02

He didn't know yet he knew the behavior was unacceptable

And they has a two hour meeting the day lord R resigned

Simples

Jinsei Sun 24-Feb-13 22:02:22

Thanks garden.

I get that that's the difference kali but if someone reported a non-specific allegation to me about one of my team, I'd feel obliged to investigate further and find out. I wouldn't just shrug and forget about it.

Interesting thought wishiwas, I hadn't considered that angle. Lembit Opek was certainly going for him on the news earlier.

Wishiwasanheiress Sun 24-Feb-13 21:54:37

Well, 'they' have been looking for a way to oust old NC since the partnership began. Am I the only one to think this is all a touch suspicious in many ways....?

twinklesparkles Sun 24-Feb-13 21:52:31

He's probably lying

Simples

kalidanger Sun 24-Feb-13 21:34:30

Difference between being told/hearing that "Lord R touched up someone at conference" and "Lord R touched up Joan Smith", I suppose. Or that's the line. Oh, it's all so sleazy and tiring angry

gardengate is nice though smile

gardengate Sun 24-Feb-13 21:31:36

Hi, I thought I would answer as no one else had and I wouldn't want you to look like Billy No Mates on here.

Jinsei Sun 24-Feb-13 20:43:18

against Lord Rennard if he was aware of indirect and non-specific concerns about his conduct? As party leader, shouldn't he have made it his business to investigate those concerns and find out what exactly the allegations were? confused

So either he is lying and he did know more than he is admitting, or he didn't know and didn't consider important enough to find out. Either way, doesn't look very good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now