To get my belly button pierced at nearly 40?

(54 Posts)
Alphabetsy Sat 23-Feb-13 21:36:58

After a lot of hard work finally got my flat tummy back 3 years after youngest dc. Now heading towards by 40th b'day and want to do something different. Always been quite conservative - no tatoos or crazy hair styles. DH turned his nose right up at the suggestion saying 'you're 40 not 20'!! Should I do it anyway? Like to wear bikinis on hol and in pool etc.
Ps is it painful and prone to infection if done properly and how long to heal?

ThePinkOcelot Sun 24-Feb-13 20:36:25

Go for it! I got mine done again last year at the ripe old age of 43 (took first one out when pregnant with DD1 and couldn't get it back in). And if you've got the stomach for it, flaunt it!!

Fellatio - I know but I'd have to have waited an extra 2 years to have it done professionally (I think 16 is the legal age for piercings some are 18 I believe)

I really hope my dd doesn't do anything so silly!

CatelynStark Sun 24-Feb-13 21:00:26

I had mine done when I was 37 - I took the bar out after a couple of years because it kept catching on my belt buckle. Uck! I say go for it - why not? smile

MissBrown Sun 24-Feb-13 21:39:24

I am 35 and had mine done at 18. I wore it through 3 pg but I don't have it in now because my post 3 dc's is a bit porky. Not massive but enough to make it sore when bending over a lot.

I do, however, wear a nose stud, an upper ear stud and have a couple of tattoos (nothing visible). I am a teacher and no one takes any offence. I think I look funny without them! The kids like it and my colleagues don't ever mention it.

I definitely think you should have it done. You may not like it, but you can always remove it. You maybe left with a scar though. Mine didn't hurt a lot, I think they freeze-sprayed it, but it took ages to heal.

I might work on my tummy and try to wear it again, I still have some pretty jewellery for it. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now