aibu or is sil regarding watching children (sorry is long)

(28 Posts)
dementedmumof6 Fri 22-Feb-13 21:03:46

My husband and I have recently seperated, however we had agreed to attend a charity function alongside sil and bil before we seperated that we don't want to pull out as lots of people already have.

However we hadn't discussed childcare for the night and as is local to house was thinking of making sure youngest 2 were in bed before leaving and have my eldest babysit, the 2 middle children would be staying with friends.
Now this is were i'm sure i'm not BU but don't know.

My SILs children were at my house seeing their cousins and having dinner tonight when the youngest announced they were staying here next week as MY mum was watching them while their parents were at charity night.
My mum would have them if asked but i think why should she have to watch them especially when they haven't even asked they have just assumed and they will get a child free night, whereas even if my mum does have them i will still have to come home to them and get up if anyone wakes during the night .

So would i be unreasonable to pretend i didn't hear what was said, or should i tell them i'm not happy with that they should sort their own childcare out.

Patchouli Fri 22-Feb-13 21:57:59

You might want to let your SIL know that your mum's not babysitting that night. Say there seems to have been some sort of misunderstanding.
And you can't expect your oldest to mind the cousins as well.

oldraver Fri 22-Feb-13 22:37:06

Phone your SIL and say " Your DC seem to be under the impression that my Mum is going to be babysitting them at MY house. I have made other arrangements but that wont be possible"

Or tell exH he has to as its his sister

WorraLiberty Fri 22-Feb-13 22:42:43

You need to speak to the Mum

It's quite probable the child decided all this and hasn't actually heard it from anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now