Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be a little 'Grr' at DS

(10 Posts)
livinginwonderland Thu 21-Feb-13 08:13:30

i do this too. if i have to be awake (ie, if i have to set an alarm) i'm grumpy and it takes me ages to get out of bed. but i wake up naturally and find myself alert, i can get out of bed in a couple of minutes, regardless of how early it is. that probably has something to do with it - knowing you HAVE to get up and be somewhere at seven am is a killer. being awake at 7am and knowing you can watch tv/have coffee/read the paper isn't such a bad thought!

EverythingInMjiniature Thu 21-Feb-13 00:22:15

I do this, never mind kids! Why???

ProPerformer Thu 21-Feb-13 00:16:20

To be fair, that's what my DS does on Saturdays too, though he comes and gets me in time for Zingzillas!! grin

steppemum Wed 20-Feb-13 13:53:08

mine do this too.

Towards the end of term they get tired and I have to wake them at 7:30. Then on Saturday they bonce downstairs at 6:45 (with tired bags under their eyes)

Never understood it.

But they don't wake us up on saturday morning any more, go down and turn on cbeebies!

lynniep Wed 20-Feb-13 13:39:43

I'm always whinging about this. I have to wake up DS1 for school most mornings, except of course Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday when I dont have to go to work. GAAAHHH

ProPerformer Wed 20-Feb-13 13:38:11

Ahh well. As I say to DH - wouldn't be as bad if he got up early every day! Still I can't be mad when I get extra cuddles!

thebody Wed 20-Feb-13 12:17:53

They are programmed to do this I think, ours were always up early full of beans every bloody weekend.

Of course now teens and older can't shift them.

Fakebook Wed 20-Feb-13 12:10:16

It's normal. We had half term last week and my dd woke up at 7.30 everyday without fail. They're programmed to do this unfortunately!

SoleSource Wed 20-Feb-13 12:06:26

Kids!!!

Maybe be is excited to beslending the day with you and now he is in a routine!

ProPerformer Wed 20-Feb-13 11:54:08

Ok this is a bit of a more lighthearted thread really but my 4 yr old DS really frustrates me sometimes!! He goes to bed at roughly the same time every night (between 7.30 & 8.00. I realise it's a bit late, but because of DH's work I wouldn't be able to fit family meals in before bedtime otherwise.) Most weekdays we have to get him up at around 7.00 - 7.15 to get him up and ready for nursery and it's always a battle as he turns over and refuses to get up!! However on Wednesdays (my day off) and at weekends he gets up between 6.00-7.00 almost without fail and refuses to go back to sleep!!

AIBU to be a bit 'Grr' that on the days he can sleep in he always gets up early and vice-versa? (It's a private Grr as don't get angry with him over it.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now