to say my mum is UR calling me an evil witch?

(13 Posts)
floweryblue Thu 21-Feb-13 00:34:49

DP's Tarot cards did tell the future, and it was not evil, it was yummy grin wink smile

We're coming up to 11 or 12 years together now.

HollyBerryBush Wed 20-Feb-13 07:15:03

Never have a closed mind, I say.

I don't dabble in it, but then I don't dismiss it either.

My friend is of Irish ancestry, her grandmother was fey and so is she. My friend 'sees' things and will then merrily trott off to the local historical records or news paper sources and find out if its true. The family just dismiss it as totally normal, whats the expression "she has the gift".

My friend also dabbles with going to mediums - I just wouldnt touch it with a barge pole - but again there are some uncannily accurate things that no one could know. She was told her mother had ovarian cancer. Unlikely as she had a full hysterectomy some years earlier. A few years later it was discovered her birth mother did indeed have ovarian cancer. Lucky guess? Amazing guess I would have thought.

A random bloke came up to me at DC3s gym class once. He wasn't someone I spoke to other than nodding at drop off and pick up. He initiated quite a bizarre conversation at the time. Did I live a bit further out (no) near trees (no) did I drive in the country a lot (no) did I drive a red car (no) anyway he said, I dont mean to spook you but I see a car accident. I get home. BIL and Sil, who live in the arse end of rural nowhere had indeed had a car accident, rolled off the road, into a ditch by a wooded copse. Weird.

It's a load of old bollocks so not evil. Seriously, I could go into some of the science/psychology of it but it is too boring to bother with. Your DM is BU to call you names.

Mimishimi Wed 20-Feb-13 01:45:22

It's only evil if you do something bad with it. Having the gift doesn't say anything about your personality - lots of people use it for good.

IneedAsockamnesty Wed 20-Feb-13 01:22:12

You may be evil,I don't know because I don't know you. But if you are it will not be because you piss arsed about with a deck of Russell grant cards and got a litte carried away.

Any14T Wed 20-Feb-13 00:42:29

did those tarot cards tell the future grin

floweryblue Wed 20-Feb-13 00:35:26

I had my palm read by a friend's partner in about 1995 ish. He said my life would be affected by America and children.

I knew I would never choose to go to America or have children, but I think it's fair to say that 9/11 was the final nail in my marriage to XH and was part of the reason I am now with DP, DPs kids are also having a huge impact on my life.

DP read my Tarot cards when I first met him, they basically told me to let him shag me.....

I have no idea if either of the 'fortune' tellers were right or wrong. I do know that neither were evil.

Any14T Wed 20-Feb-13 00:22:32

I know odd like she was still thinking about it years later. It had nothing to do with why Dsis and I fell out btw so do not know why it came up?

deleted203 Wed 20-Feb-13 00:19:52

Slightly weird, rather than evil. Sounds like you are a pretty odd family though. I quite liked the bit about the evil gypsy who threatened to kill you, you were terrified...but your mum told him off...

WorraLiberty Wed 20-Feb-13 00:08:37

Why have neither of your spoken to your Dsis for 5yrs though?

I mean was there anything that particularly happened?

Songbird Wed 20-Feb-13 00:07:14

Odd, and odd for it suddenly to be an issue for your mum. And just.....odd.

WorraLiberty Wed 20-Feb-13 00:04:00

No you're not evil but in the nicest possible way you're deluded.

A young man with a child that no-one knows about and needs financial help?

Who'd have thunk it huh?

I once almost came close to really peeing myself laughing when an idiot on an Irish chat forum claiming to be psychic said, "Does anyone here know a 'Mary' who passed to the other side?"

Cue 15 or 20 Irish people saying, "Ooh me me meeeee!"

Purleease! My family are Irish, and ever fucker knows a dead Mary! grin

Ignore Ignore Ignore OP of course you're not evil.

Any14T Tue 19-Feb-13 23:56:07

Background, when I was 17yrs old I was messing round and pretended I could read BF palm (trying to impress!). However when I did it feelings and pictures came into my mind. My BF few a days later said 'were you messing reading my palm'?

I said 'No but I think it was my imgination!' To which my BF said 'but what you said is true!'. Believe me I was in more shock

I started to try it out and everyone I did a palm reading on it was spookily accurate! It actually got stronger the more I practiced. I found I could do it with holding items and just sitting without touching person too. I even started to get messages from loved ones who past over.

One night I was in pub with my mum I was 18yrs old. One local an irish gypsy came up to me and said he was psychic! My mum blurted out jokingly 'My dd is too!'. He was a man that everytime I walked past or looked at made me frigtened. He insisted I read his palm! As soon as I touched his hand I let go as I could sense the bad vibes. But he still insisted. I started to read it.

I told the man about the woman with his child who no one knows about and she really needed finanical help. I said a few other things too but can't remember now as over 20 yrs ago. Later that night as I came out of the toilet the gypsy cornered me and said if I told anyone about his child he would kill me. I was terrified. I told my mum and she told the man off.

Anyway I decided I didn't want to do it anymore due to my job etc and have never practiced it and possibly lost this thing I could do, although never tried again. Few weeks ago I was away with my mum and we got into a heated conversation about my DSis whom we have not spoken for 5 yrs. My mum turned round and said 'Dsis doesn't like you because you are an evil witch doing black magic and speaking to spirits'. It actually shock me as it was over 20 years ago and possibly a 'phase' although I never made anything up.

Is my mum BU still bearing this grudge over 20 years later? Am I evil? AIBU? Also what was my crime for being able to get messages to loved ones and talk about past/future? I thought I was trying to help people back then? (never took money and only did it when asked)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now