Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To take my DD to the park, so I can play on the swings as well..

(40 Posts)
Geekster Sun 17-Feb-13 11:40:54

I took my eleven month old DD to the park to play on the swings the other day and she loved it. I went on the swings too and loved it. We have been back a couple of times so I can go on them as well as DD, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I feel ten years old again, although I don't attempt to jump off them anymore. We would go down the slide to, but my arse is too fat now!

See saw is king of the playground! Bumping down so hard the other person flys off the seat is great

Habanada Mon 18-Feb-13 12:44:27

Saggy I want to know where this outdoor adventure trail is!! I must go there :D

I experienced my first soft play centre the other week, it was just me and DD and my god it was amazing (would've been better if I weren't pg). I genuinely want to set up a soft play centre for adults.

The only thing I can't cope with any more is the roundabout - possibly because of a horrific drunken experience I had on a Waltzer at the fair - I can't do any sort of spinning sad

Braintree in Essex. It's called the Discovery Park. It's the best outdoor space EVER! You pay a minimal amount to park then it's totally free. They cater for toddlers right up to a HUMUNGUS Krypton Factor type frame for teens! I had to climb it once to rescue one of my mindees. I was terrified! confused

Geekster Mon 18-Feb-13 12:52:34

That park sounds great SaggyOldClothCatpuss. I'm very jealous!

GregBishopsBottomBitch Mon 18-Feb-13 13:02:02

Saggy I been told that place is the best, must take my DD and little sister.

willesden Mon 18-Feb-13 14:53:42

I always think 'look at that sad t*at' when I see an adult on the playground equipment or climbing around the softplay. Had this conversation with my friends at softplay only last week, and we all agreed. It is for the kids. You have had your time. YABU.

Geekster Mon 18-Feb-13 15:24:50

Willesden, you are right I probably do look a sad t@@@ but I don't care! I don't feel as self conscious since having DD.

FeckOffCup Mon 18-Feb-13 17:25:39

YANBU I love the swings but my local park has replaced the normal swings with one of those big basket ones and I can't make it go without another adult to give it a push to start off and it's usually just me and my 2 year old there sad.

I'm still failing to see why looking like a sad twat is an issue?!

Flobbadobs Mon 18-Feb-13 18:01:04

Well our park was full of sad twats this afternoon, adults having sneaky swings in between the children's turns, I was one of them. Come on own up, who else was in the park on this sunny day having a crafty swing?? grin
Am way too old to care if someone else thinks I look a twat...

Come on own up, who else was in the park on this sunny day having a crafty swing??

shock confused

I read that as Come on own up, who else was in the park on this sunny day having a crafty wank??"

I think I have issues

Not me! Mine are too old for swings nowadays! I spent the day up to my knees in mud hammering fence rails. sad I'd much rather have been on a roundabout!

Pixel Mon 18-Feb-13 19:12:27

Habanada, There is a place at Bideford if you are anywhere near there called the Milky Way (we used to go there on holiday, a great escape from rainy tent hell), it has a huge soft play in a barn that adults are allowed on. It's great!

exoticfruits Mon 18-Feb-13 19:32:29

I enjoyed it. I am now left wondering if I am too old to go sledging, should it snow again, without a child!

ZebraOwl Mon 18-Feb-13 22:18:31

YANBU!

I love playing on the swings but would be worried about looking like a weirdy one if I went on my own. It really annoys me all the local parks are For 12 Year Olds And Under places: adults should be able to play (nicely & doing Good Sharing) too!

My mother was only 4'10" & slight so was a BRAZEN AND SHAMELESS swing-user when we went to the park as no-one ever thought to challenge her - though she'd always hop off if a child was wanting a turn, I should add! I have some really lovely memories of playing on the swings with Mummy, it's important you provide your DD with some of those too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now