all germanic car drivers

(114 Posts)
MrsBucketxx Sun 17-Feb-13 11:07:46

I know this is a thread about a thread, but it got me thinking its not just audi drivers tha are knobs.

bmw, mercedes, some vw, audi,

all high end german cars driven by people who have done well in life and have a higher opinion of themselves , and for somevreason drive like nut jobs.

aibu. for thinking this.

this doesn't seem to happen with french, italian, Asian car drivers.

I'm dead jealous of anyone who can afford a posh car. I would have an Audi like a shot if I could justify the price.

Maybe I drive like a would-be knob, who knows.

YANBU

I'm definitely a twat

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 17-Feb-13 15:32:46

Yes, YABU - and jealous - and boring for starting yet another thread on the subject. smile

landofsoapandglory Sun 17-Feb-13 15:52:30

We've got a Renault and a VW so where does that leave us?

Mrspartacus Sun 17-Feb-13 15:54:34

Ah well I drive an Audi and dh a Mercedes, so we are obviousy top twats. Our sons favourite car is an Audi r8! So I've bred a baby twat.

Would, you like salt and vinegar with that chip OP?

andubelievedthat Sun 17-Feb-13 16:07:12

you are undoubtably correct , my fella, a truck driver/fitter daily drive is a Voltswagen (1970)camper van >0>60mph>23.5 seconds, 16 miles 2 gallon , spare wheel on outside of vehicle front ! has 2 be seriously serviced every 3000 miles ! he justifies it ?,something to do with the size of his cock ,? he read somewhere the longer a cars bonnet....! he is a smug bastard! he says the french built a motorcycle once , lasted about a week . i would tell you what BMW supposedly stands for but wow ,best not !

This again, it's pathetic. People who can afford them buy German cars as they are the best and not shitty pieces of tin like Renault and Peugeot.

Oh and both DH and I drive German cars, me a 3 series estate because its safe, big enough and terribly economical. DH drives an A5 as he needs a 4 wheel drive which is economical and again safe and thinks land rovers are overpriced.

But then we are the sort of people who couldn't give a shit what other people think about something as mundane about what make of car we drive.

EddieVeddersfoxymop Sun 17-Feb-13 16:15:16

I have a MINI and Dh a BMW. We are both twats <obviously> and drive like knobs <naturally>. What a ridiculous thread. confused

Lizzylou Sun 17-Feb-13 16:16:22

Dh drives a Mercedes and I have a Renault.
We are definitely the exception that proves your (sweeping) rule op.
Yabu

Lizzylou Sun 17-Feb-13 16:18:29

I do love my Renault though, much better in the snow as well.
Dh is a far better driver than me. I would never tell him that though.

I am going to go and watch Top Gear while sulking. I want all your nice cars.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sam100 Sun 17-Feb-13 16:25:32

I drive a ford some of the time and a BMW some of the time. I have not noticed my driving changing depending on which car I am in, so which camp do I fall in?

FeistyLass Sun 17-Feb-13 16:46:29

I'm just so glad my Merc, Milly, can't read. She'd be crying her beautiful shiny headlights out wink
Actually op you're partly right. We all drive like twats when we see you coming and everyone else who has an issue with our cars.
You're expecting bad behaviour and hence you see it.
When I drove my fiesta and let people out, 8 out of 10 people would thank me. If I'm driving the Mercedes then 8 out of 10 people don't thank me. I'm driving the same road. I'm doing the same thing (ie letting them out). The only difference is the car and their attitude to it.

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Sun 17-Feb-13 17:01:24

Actually OP I think YANBU, I know the kind of drivers you mean and they often do have a fancy German motor. This made me laugh a lot first time I heard it (probably on Top Gear) but I do also accept there are many drivers of German cars who are not twats. I say this as a VW driver married to an Audi driver...I really hope our driving falls into the 'not twats' category.

grin at French cars being made of "tin and wishful thinking"!

MrsJohnDeere Sun 17-Feb-13 17:17:45

I have a BMW. I am not a knob AND I use my indicators unusually for a BMW driver

ByTheSea Sun 17-Feb-13 17:48:04

I have no issue with German cars. It just always seems to be a German car menacing the road and I am on the road more than two hours a day. There are many German cars being driven fine I'm sure. BTW, I could afford one if I wanted one and if cars meant more to me than being a useful tool to get from A to B. Maybe I will some day. I really don't care what you drive and have no car jealousy.

MrsBW Sun 17-Feb-13 17:49:37

ComposHat nope... Moon dust shooting out of my arse wink

GetOrf Sun 17-Feb-13 17:52:44

I had a MG with a K series engine and I can confirm that the bloody head gasket did go very suddenly on the M5 one day. Twat of a car.

fossil971 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:51:30

Cause and effect. Having a German car doesn't make you drive like a nutter but if you are that sort of person who shows off through driving you are going to want a showing off luxury badged car not just an old Mondeo. Then you zoom around giving a bad image to mild-mannered-but-comfortably-off fans of Vorsprung durch Technik.

JenaiMorris Sun 17-Feb-13 22:59:53

Exactly, fossil.

montmartre Sun 17-Feb-13 23:02:47

Of course I have a 'higher' opinion of myself because I've done well in life. hmm

I am Germanic, I drive a car. I would never go back to French cars, that's for sure!

My brother is a wanker though, and he drives a BMW! grin

Zondra Sun 17-Feb-13 23:06:22

I drive a Jag, by default I must be an utter cunty aresewipe.

However, at least I'm not driving a German car or folk would really despise me.
;)

LessMissAbs Sun 17-Feb-13 23:07:39

YABU. Just concentrate on your driving and not what make of cars other people are driving or why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now