to think they were a but rude and they could have asked

(45 Posts)
cuteboots Mon 11-Feb-13 12:47:50

Ok so took my 9 year old to his first football match on Saturday and there were 2 other mums there that I know and talk to on a regular basis. So anyway half time and they ask if the other one wants a coffee an off they trot to the clubhouse. So as its was freezing cold am I being a bit precious to think they could have asked me if I wanted one. If id have been going to get one I would have asked them. Am I just being a bit silly?

MaxPepsi Mon 11-Feb-13 12:50:07

Were you stood with them in conversation, or just stood near them?

LangenFlugelHappleHoff Mon 11-Feb-13 12:50:41

Could you not have just said something along the lines of
"oh! That's a great idea, I might join you...it's bitter isn't it?"

Sugarice Mon 11-Feb-13 12:52:39

It was bad manners not to have included you. Did they come back to stand by you or stay in the clubhouse?

StickEmUp Mon 11-Feb-13 12:52:50

I'm a bit of a sensitive soul and would probably be upset too. But being upset at things like this is being over sensitive.
I'm not being rude, I am like this too.
And trying not too be

foxache Mon 11-Feb-13 12:54:20

I can see what you mean OP, but you are over-thinking this tbh. This always happens at rugby, it's more casual than other situations.
Sometimes I'll be the one to go off with someone and a mum will come running up behind, 'wait for me!' So do that next time smile

I also can't think straight when freezing outside watching sport, so bobble about without thinking.

cuteboots Mon 11-Feb-13 12:59:17

maxpepsi- I Was talking to them about other stuff. But I know they are all really freindly and do lots of stuff outside of school .

Sugarrice- They came back and stood right next to me

Stickemup - I am probably being abit too over sensitive as I dont really get involved with parents as I work all the time.

Numberlock Mon 11-Feb-13 13:05:23

You're not unreasonable to think that they were rude (they were) but you should let it go now - it was two days ago.

Fakebook Mon 11-Feb-13 13:10:03

I wouldn't care tbh, as they don't sound like your bff's. Maybe ask them if they want a coffee next week? I wouldn't bother though.

Floggingmolly Mon 11-Feb-13 13:11:44

It was both rude and ignorant, but some people just are.

DayToDayShit Mon 11-Feb-13 13:15:14

yanbu - they were very rude not to ask you to go along with them.

AllDirections Mon 11-Feb-13 15:09:54

I often don't think about anything past what I'm doing at that moment in time so I could easily have forgotten to ask a friend if she wanted me to get her a coffee, but my friends would have just asked me to get them one. If my friends were going off to get one I would have asked them to get me one.

I'm not a mind reader and I'm not responsible for other people. It takes me all my time just to keep on top of the needs of my own family. Sometimes I just need people to speak up if they want me to do someting for them and sometimes I just want them to take responsibility for themselves.

(Disclaimer, sorry OP but you hit a raw nerve. I'm still stewing over something that happened at the weekend)

WiseKneeHair Mon 11-Feb-13 15:12:39

I take a flask of coffee with me. Problem solved.

WiseKneeHair Mon 11-Feb-13 15:13:12

Oh, and I don't offer to share it as I'm a miserable git

bigTillyMint Mon 11-Feb-13 15:14:38

It was rude, but maybe you should just have "known" to go and get a drink. Next week just trot along with themsmile

SpringBulbs Mon 11-Feb-13 15:21:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

atthewelles Mon 11-Feb-13 15:24:32

YANBU. It was rude and unfriendly and the kind of thing two immature thoughtless schoolgirls would do.

chipmonkey Mon 11-Feb-13 15:25:50

They sound rude. When I used to be freezing my tits off watching ds1 play soccer we always asked if anyone else wanted a coffee.

weeblueberry Mon 11-Feb-13 15:26:22

Were they discussing something already before you arrived? Maybe they were talking about something personal and wanted to continue the discussion?

I doubt they were being intentionally rude. I can just think of quite a few reasons why they might do that really...

SpringBulbs Mon 11-Feb-13 15:29:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tulahoob Mon 11-Feb-13 15:33:07

I think if you were having a conversation with them both then it was really rude of them not to ask you. You're not being oversensitive at all.

Nagoo Mon 11-Feb-13 15:38:19

I might not have offered you a coffee if I only had enough money in my purse to get mine. That is no reflection on how much I like you. I just wouldn't have wanted to say 'I'm sorry I'm too skint to shout you a coffee' and get into a conversation about who was going to pay for it. blush

BackforGood Mon 11-Feb-13 15:39:00

Maybe she only had £1.40 (or however much the 2 coffees were oing to cost) on her ?

BackforGood Mon 11-Feb-13 15:39:18

x-posted! smile

aufaniae Mon 11-Feb-13 15:41:04

Yes it's rude and annoying.

However it might stem from shyness or social awkwardness perhaps?

My cousin wouldn't think to offer for example, not because he's mean, he's just a bit shy and socially inept.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now