To switch my 10 month DS to cows milk?!

(53 Posts)
2wwmadness Mon 11-Feb-13 10:58:27

I know they say before 12 months. But It's really expensive. I am trying to keep costs down and e eats really well. Fruit, veg all home cooked meals I freeze in advance. Eggs, fish anything really. No concerns with his weight or milestones. Would it do any harm if I used full fat cows milk?! He just doesn't seem to like the formula anymore and it's expensive. Is it unreasonable to do it to keep costs down?!

Flobbadobs Mon 11-Feb-13 13:42:59

Price doesn't matter, I still felt a little faint when I remembered how much formula was after a 6 year break between newborns...
OP from my experience watch the nappies when you do combine or switch. They can be horrifically smelly for a while.

MrsKeithRichards Mon 11-Feb-13 13:46:25

You checked grin

valiumredhead Mon 11-Feb-13 14:35:59

THere is no difference between Aptimil and Cow & Gate. They are made by the same company, to the same recipe but marketed differently. Aptimil is the "sciencey" brand and actively marketed at HCP who then recommend it to their patients. Cow & Gate is a "mummy" brand, marketed directly at mums with the lovely laughing baby. Same stuff though

Is that actually true? Aptimil is what is given in SCBU which is why we used it for ds as the nurses told us to carry on with what was given. I breifly tried Cow and Gate - dear God ds was in agony with wind and constipation - I was told they are very different by a nurse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now