Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To be a little 'WTF' about this?

(22 Posts)
NewAtThisMalarky Sun 10-Feb-13 21:30:08

I am new to Internet dating, not new to mumsnet. I have name changed because my daughter knows my usual nickname.

Ok, I've been chatting to this guy online for a couple of weeks. We are planning to meet up this coming weekend.

I am a physio assistant - it mainly involves dealing with equipment, but I've gained some knowledge as well while I'm there.

He was complaining of sciatica, so I gave him a simple self-help tip as to how he could help ease it a bit - nothing that could hurt him.

We spoke last night. And he said 'oh, I have a question. Do you have any tips to deal with constipation?'

AIBU to be a bit 'wtf, did you really ask me that?'

It's not even as if it's linked to my job, although I guess he thinks it might be...

IvorHughJangova Sun 10-Feb-13 21:33:55

Oh dear.

Are you still inclined to meet up?

Oh dear oh dear.

IvorHughJangova Sun 10-Feb-13 21:34:30

I mean, you want a little bit of mystery in the beginning, surely confused

thebody Sun 10-Feb-13 21:35:29

No unless it was a joke then no.. Needy and wants a mum/ nurse.

LineRunner Sun 10-Feb-13 21:38:20

Even as a joke that's pathetic.

Branleuse Sun 10-Feb-13 21:38:24

don't bother meeting up.

NewAtThisMalarky Sun 10-Feb-13 21:39:38

I'm glad it's not just me! No, I have lost the inclination to chat to him online, never mind actually meet him.

LineRunner Sun 10-Feb-13 21:42:12

You could just say, 'I don't think we are going to hit it off after all. Good luck. Hope you work everything out of your arse and have a nice life.'

FringeEvent Sun 10-Feb-13 21:43:48

Err, yuck...

Don't suppose he has a young child in his care, and he's asking for them rather than himself? <clutches at straws>

NewAtThisMalarky Sun 10-Feb-13 21:45:56

No, no children. Lives alone. Can't think why...

NewAtThisMalarky Sun 10-Feb-13 21:46:45

Lol @ LR!

50ShadesOfGreggs Sun 10-Feb-13 21:49:31

Run. Far.

fuckwittery Sun 10-Feb-13 22:01:15

Woah. What did you say, did you not call him up on it (as in, errr, ha ha, you are joking telling me about your bowel habits now, yes?!)

FitzgeraldProtagonist Sun 10-Feb-13 22:02:06

Mwhahahaaa. Sorry, but hahaaaa! Dating don't 101

NewAtThisMalarky Sun 10-Feb-13 22:10:26

I really didn't say much - my first comment was 'I can't believe you just asked me that' followed by a recommendation for google - and I haven't spoken to him since...

I thought I might be overreacting because I had given some previous advice, I'm so glad to read everyone's response.

Icelollycraving Sun 10-Feb-13 22:18:40

Beyond grim. Delete,delete,delete!

DoJo Mon 11-Feb-13 00:06:28

No - this suggests someone with no flair for social niceties, so unless you are comfortable with that then I would imagine you're done.

Welcome to the world of online dating hmm

AnyFucker Germany Mon 11-Feb-13 00:32:37

Am I really bad to find this funny ?

Yes, I am...

< slinks away >

giraffesCantEatNHSPotatoes Mon 11-Feb-13 00:43:38

Tell him iron tablets help

Flisspaps Mon 11-Feb-13 03:44:06

It wouldn't have bothered me.

MarjorieAntrobus Mon 11-Feb-13 03:57:40

Constipation is fairly common, and unremarkable isn't it? He asked you a question on one topic, and is now asking another.

We all poo (or not, in his case). grin

Give him another chance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now