to have told them to get a room?

(52 Posts)
MrsKeithRichards Sat 09-Feb-13 22:12:07

I am turning into a grumpy old lady.

Went on a big day out to a huge fun pool. Flumes, lazy rivers, wave pools, bubble pools, you know the type of place. Not somewhere you go to actually swim, just bob about and girl down the slides. A total kid place, although obviously you do get people without kids going but the vast majority of the people there are either with kids or kids themselves.

Just after we got in I spotted this couple sitting in the shallow end under a mink waterfall snogging and cuddling, him sitting on her knee. I was a bit meh but a bit, oh come on but never thought anything of it. I'm no pearl clutcher. A bit later we were floating round the lazy river and they're there again, her with her legs wrapped around his waist, kissing away. Then they were in the bubble pool, her on top all over each other. I seen them another couple of times doing the same sort of thing. No kids with them, about mid twenties so not just hormonal teens. Then I saw him carrying her through the wave pool and they sat in the shallow end all over each other again.

We were walking out on our way to the flames, I caught her eye and seized the opportunity to say 'you two need to get a room, that's gross'. They then got out and left to have a shag in the changing rooms no doubt

This was over a period of 2 hours. So, wibu?

Wetthemogwai Sun 10-Feb-13 23:39:52

Ooo stairs that might've been the wrong face to pull, mightve got you an invitation

Yes. With my mouth slightly open like this shock

MrsKeithRichards Sun 10-Feb-13 22:15:50

Do you sit at dinner parties just waiting for the topic to come up stairs grin

SushiPaws Sun 10-Feb-13 22:01:18

grin @ Stairs

I may have killed the thread but it was worth it to share that story.

How often is it the time for a sex-in-the-pool story eh?

I remember being in Tenerife and the hotel we stayed at had a heated pool, so it was nice even when it rained. Anyway there was a huge shower and everyone belted inside apart from me & DP who were enjoying swimming about in the rain and in an empty pool, and another 20-something couple, who took the opportunity for her to give him a blow job on the loungers.

We (being a bit British about such things) did a few horrified OMG faces at each other then very properly pretended not to notice.

Not so an older 50 something man who moved to a nearby sunbed in order to have a better view. grin

I was amused by her offended looks at him, surely if you do that in public you are inviting other people to watch? Anyway, in the end they went upstairs and Mr 50 went off sad that he missed the finish.

Wetthemogwai Sun 10-Feb-13 20:38:18

<snort> 'donned a snorkle'

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Sun 10-Feb-13 17:19:54

It's not a 'kids pool' it's a water fun park.

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Sun 10-Feb-13 17:19:20

OK - so it's only your attitude that is 'old' grin

Chris - you read wrong grin

x2boys Sun 10-Feb-13 14:57:26

your post made me laugh out loud and no you are not being unreasonable its a kids pool for gods sake yes i remember when i first met my dh and we couldnt keep our hands off each other [sigh] but a kids pool why bother going there in the first place why not just stay in bed and shag each other senseless!

MrsKeithRichards Sun 10-Feb-13 14:38:07

We were pretty shrivelled after 2 hours!

HollaAtMeBaby Sun 10-Feb-13 14:34:08

YANBU. I want to know what a mink waterfall is though!

I like to ruin the moment for couples overdoing the PDA by catching the guy's eye and holding eye contact in a smouldering way. It works more often than you'd think grin

chris481 Sun 10-Feb-13 14:02:26

I read somewhere that sex in water is something that works better in movies. In real life the water removes natural lubricants making it painful.

Foggles Sun 10-Feb-13 13:52:14

By the way, after 2 hours in the pool, wouldn't things......er..... shrivel?

(purely scientific question)

grin

Foggles Sun 10-Feb-13 13:46:29

Aw. I dunno. They were clearly all loved-up and it's better than seeing a couple having a slanging match or knocking seven bells out of each other.

Let them enjoy it whilst it lasts. smile

HellonHeels Sun 10-Feb-13 13:34:05

YANBU. There's a couple like that who attend the same yoga class as me. While everyone's waiting outside for class to start they are all over each other kissing noisily. I'm a shrivelled old witch obvs. but it makes me feel a bit queasy.

BatmanLovesVodkaAndCherryade Sun 10-Feb-13 12:42:31

Is it just me who now wants a snog under a mink waterfall? grin

YANBU, OP - I'm not a fan of public bodily fluid swapping. The kissy smacking noises, eurgh.

My exH told me once that when he was in his early 20s and working in Butlins he had sex with someone in the family pool. He said he did it by getting her to sit on his lap and tickling her.

I have no idea why he became my DH in the first place!

aldiwhore Sun 10-Feb-13 12:24:14

If a lifeguard waited until someone drowned before saving them I would argue they're not doing their job wink

AViewfromtheFridge Sun 10-Feb-13 12:24:09

There used to be a no petting poster at our local pool with a cartoon of a woman saying to a man "No, I wouldn't like to see your breaststroke!"

I always thought he was showing off and trying to impress her with how well he could swim. blush

ivykaty44 Sun 10-Feb-13 12:20:45

I love the fact it is a life guards job to stop people having sex - there was me thinking there job was to save lives when people drown

ivykaty44 Sun 10-Feb-13 12:18:28

they probably went away thinking "she aint getting any"

I have no need to every say anything as mine will do very loud ew yukes and get a room themselves to people showing to much affection in public.

It is me then that gets blush

dayshiftdoris Sun 10-Feb-13 12:15:03

I'd have said it too but then IWBU because it would probably be motivated by jealousy.... Out displays of 'We are getting much more sex than you' generally wind me up these days grin

On a more important note - where is this pool??

MrsKeithRichards Sun 10-Feb-13 12:10:53

Mid twenties I mean, I'm 29, hardly old!

MrsKeithRichards Sun 10-Feb-13 12:09:46

They series twenties,not much younger than me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now