to feel somebody tried to murder us?

(97 Posts)
SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 19:57:59

by slashing my car tyre?

I did not notice for about four miles down tbe road.

seaofyou Sun 10-Feb-13 11:46:04

If you want to catch the sicko doing this SS I recommend you make the cctv discrete. If you just want to prevent further attacks have cctv in clear view.

I wish I had hidden my cctv after fake petrol bomb and repeated kicking and screwdriver dents in front door from ex trying to brake in....well he wasn't going to use the screwdriver to mend the 2 outside lights that I assume he broke too.

2 days after I had cctv put up ex stood outside my house...he has also driven past and parks outside (out of of cctv view) but now doesn't touch my property but still frightens the life out of me as the threat is still their.

But I wish I had cctv hidden to nail the evil monster. If this is your neighbour catching them in the act will ensure they will have to move/keep away from you....you need to report this as disability dicrim also. Police taking this more serious but of course it is post code lottery.

PickledInAPearTree Sun 10-Feb-13 10:35:17

Awful couthy!

SunflowersSmile Sun 10-Feb-13 09:02:57

If mindless vandalism results in death [as slashed tyres can] - manslaughter at least.
I wouldn't give a toss if idiot who did it didn't mean someone to get hurt.
Cameras do seem a good idea if worried about malicious attacks op.
You can get really discreet ones.

ipswichwitch Sun 10-Feb-13 08:49:03

Jesus couthy that's feckin awful shock
I had a shit neighbour for a year before I managed to sell the house. He sold drugs and had every neighbourhood undesirable in and out all hours of the day and night. He would get hammered and abusive, shouting threats to beat me to a pulp through the letterbox. He'd play music so loud the walls vibrated and pictures would fall off. It was hell.

After I moved I found out he'd been caught in the act of burgling a house 2 doors down (he worked his way through most of the street including my former house), and spent some time at Her Majesty's pleasure during which time his landlord finally saw sense and kicked him (and his equally scummy girlfriend) out. I feel for you OP,it's friggin awful putting up with this shit- mentally and physically exhausting, and I don't get why some people are giving you a hard time about it

MusicalEndorphins Sun 10-Feb-13 08:45:44

Sole, it is possible that you ran over something, or even that it was a random person. But it is good you are getting a video set up in three weeks, so you if anything else happens, you won't be wondering who did it.

JenaiMorris Sun 10-Feb-13 08:26:53

confused

MerryCouthyMows Sun 10-Feb-13 00:08:53

Ugh. Living next door to nasty neighbours is awful. After 8 years of it, my housing officer is FINALLY escalating it to a final warning that any further ASB from my neighbour or her family or her visitors will result in a Notice of Seeking Possession.

But that's eight years of dog poo being flung at my washing, being assaulted, having music blaring at 2/3/4am on school nights and then reporting ME to Environmental Health for loud music at times and days i can prove i was at medical appointments with my DC's and my house was empty, having lit cigarettes thrown over the fence at my DC's, hammers thrown at their garden toys until they break, then breaking my whirligig - that I had to pay to replace (as it was supplied by the HA), throwing rubbish in my garden, throwing eggs through any open windows, throwing fresh orange at my windows if they were closed, posting dog poo through my letter box, phoning social services on me repeatedly, phoning the benefit fraud hotline on me, vandalising my gas meter, electric meter and water meter - leaving me without essential utilities, even when she KNOWS my DC have essential medical equipment that I need the electricity for...the list goes on and on, and it's STILL taken me 8 years to get this far.

And that's with numerous police reports etc, and the police putting on extra patrols to ensure the safety of my meters!

SoleSource Sun 10-Feb-13 00:03:13

No dispute..

PickledInAPearTree Sat 09-Feb-13 23:40:05

I don't think she is intending to hurt you, tyre slashing seems quite common with neighbour disputes.

Just a stupid thing to do.

Things seem pretty irrevocably unpleasant between you now so it's got to be police.

And CCTV.

FlyingFig Sat 09-Feb-13 23:31:32

My grammar and punctuation has gone to shit tonight, sorry!

FlyingFig Sat 09-Feb-13 23:30:22

Like Mme I also have no idea of any back story, so may have come across as harsh when I said you were possibly over-thinking the issue. But that's what I think sounds much more like someone that wanted to piss you off rather than kill you. Also, someone else up thread asked if this happened recently or a few weeks earlier, is this something you've been dwelling on? If so, why are the police taking this long to speak to your neighbours about this matter?

Have you crossed paths with this woman before her mum died? (going on your above post about social services?). Sorry for all the questions, just trying to work out the background involved.

Your DS is vulnerable so I would hope the police are taking this act of vandalism seriously, given the past history of aggro. You don't need it sad

HildaOgden Sat 09-Feb-13 23:27:58

My tyre has been punctured with a sharp object (probably a nail or shard of glass) on 2 separate occasions,in 2 separate places.Peoples tyres get punctured accidentally all the time,and quite frequently on purpose by mindless vandals.

I think you're overthinking this.Has something happened recently with her to make you think she has it in for you?Unless it has,I'd put it down to 'shit life throws at us'.If she was really trying to get at you,she would have done worse.

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 23:19:01

No friendship at all. Ber child was taken by.social services, nine months before she fpund her.mother dead. Just said I would help for a short.petiod she has nobody else. I offered her my.help. Never friends. She is 23. Her.mother made my life hell.

McBalls Sat 09-Feb-13 23:09:53

Ah ok.

So you have/had some sort of friendship with this woman...how has it come to you now suspecting her of trying to murder you? Has their been a falling out?

MmeLindor Sat 09-Feb-13 23:03:56

I don't disbelieve that your car had a flat tyre, but I don't see the connection to your neighbour or that she was trying to kill you.

Is it possible that you just drove over a nail or something? What makes you think that it was your neighbour? You said it was punctured with a sharp instrument.

Before anyone flames me, I have no idea of a 'back story' other than what Sole has posted on this thread. Just bemused at how she went from 'I have a puncture' to 'she is trying to kill me'

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 22:59:56

Cleaned her filthy.house in the four days she was given to do.it.

McBalls Sat 09-Feb-13 22:57:57

How did you help get her child back from child protection?

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 22:50:09

I am back!

Thank you all

I forgot to.include the comments I received from the RAC man and the Kwikfit mechanic. The tyre could have xaused an accident and car accidents have the potential to be fatal. Also my.disabled child.. I guess I have been pondering as to whether she knew this after all the xare I.have shown her.

People seem never to fail to.disappoint me at times.

PickledInAPearTree Sat 09-Feb-13 22:48:49

It's really irresponsible damaging someone's car. You may not intend to cause any more than criminal damage but it could cause an accident and I can see why it would totally put the willies up someone.

I'd be terrified personally. Knowing a neighbour would do that.

Def. get the CCTV.

ChestyNut Sat 09-Feb-13 22:43:05

Some nasty posters round these parts tonight hmm

Hope your feeling calmer sole

lindsay321 Sat 09-Feb-13 22:42:26

Yeah,

I'm glad the likes of of Sirzy and keeping Calm have fecked off for the time being.

Whats their problem?

Come back aforementioned butt holes and defend yourselves!

[NotHelpfulJustTryingToDeflectHurtAwayFromOP]

PickledInAPearTree Sat 09-Feb-13 22:38:56

There isn't any need to put the shits up her further by going on about the brakes too bloody hell how sinister..

TheSecretCervixDNCOP Sat 09-Feb-13 22:33:57

SucksToBeMe I know!! Thought better of Mumsnetters. As a previous thread by SS she is feeling very lonely and vunerable so thought as many others do that she could maybe get some support on here like so many others receive.

Shame on those who have further added to this lady's misery. Shame shame shame.

SucksToBeMe Sat 09-Feb-13 22:27:18

Somebody slashed SS tyres and she comes on here only to be called unhinged ??? WTAF?

hmm

lindsay321 Sat 09-Feb-13 22:14:47

OP - we believe you.

I'm sorry your going through such a shit time but I don't think it's attempted murder. Glad you've gone to the police though, they'll decide what happened and what to do next.

Have some thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now