To really hate this 'my fashion, family & food is so perfect' blogs on instagram?

(100 Posts)
SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:12:48

I have just discovered the world and it is truly vomit inducing, arty instagram shots of boden clad kids frolicking with a designer dog (arty boho chic stuff in background) "Just relaxing with the family", the "A little something I rustled up for dinner tonight' (cue arty instagram shot of rustic papaya, beetroot & pine nut salad with French goats cheese), and "Oh my new £20,000 shoes have arrived, look how rich I am and how pretty they are" (Shot against distressed oak floorboards with perfectly painted toe nails peeping out".................

SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:13:39

This? I mean 'these'... blush

GogoGobo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:14:47

YANBU

Gigondas Sat 09-Feb-13 18:15:32

I have one acquaintance who does this- i enjoy it as it is so daft and if it makes her happy, it is no skin off my nose.

I really like the arty shots of her dc homework.

lockets Sat 09-Feb-13 18:16:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gigondas Sat 09-Feb-13 18:16:14

Also do you think this is a social media equivalent of a Xmas card round robin?

SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:17:47

I just feel it's a bit "Look at me and how happy/beautiful/rich/clever/stylish/boho/trendy/arty/thin/young/hip did I mention rich & beautiful? (insert word of choice here) I am....

swooosh Sat 09-Feb-13 18:18:47

YABU to not post a link

Fakebook Sat 09-Feb-13 18:18:49

It wasn't like that before fucking Facebook took over.

Before, the popular page used to be filled with really good scenic photography. The week fb took over it all changed.

But I do agree, it's all shitty posing these days.

GogoGobo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:18:53

lockets The blogs, oh THE BLOGS angry

SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:20:34

Would I be allowed to post links to blogs in mind?? I don't want to personalise my annoyance.

SomethingProfound Sat 09-Feb-13 18:20:38

What swooosh said!

TheFarSide Sat 09-Feb-13 18:20:54

YANBU

Although I always assume there is something very bad going on in their lives that turns them into crazed Pollyannas.

HestonsFatCock Sat 09-Feb-13 18:21:21

Blogs are always all "look at me, aren't I wonderful?" aren't they? confused I don't ever read them or have any desire to read them, so my advice to you OP, is to cease and desist with blogs. They are wanky.

SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:23:38

Ha! Yes I will desist, it also makes me a bit envy to be honest, even though I know full well I am very very happy and there is a fair chance even though they appear to be they may well not be confused

Branleuse Sat 09-Feb-13 18:25:03

YADNBU

Gigondas Sat 09-Feb-13 18:25:52

They are almost certainly not all they appear. It would seem ranting about blogs is widespread here

Branleuse Sat 09-Feb-13 18:25:56

i am not interested in your polaroided/instagrammed picture of your spaghetti bolognese

HestonsFatCock Sat 09-Feb-13 18:27:11

Course they aren't; they are a writhing mass of insecurities.

I must admit, I am waiting for a friendly viper to give me a virtual spanking for being so sweeping and direct me to a few good blogs with attidue.

DuchessFanny Sat 09-Feb-13 18:29:46

Oh dear, then I have missed the point of instagram ... Seeing as nothing in my background is perfect ( my dog might be pooing in the woodland walk for example !) my kids wear h&m and I haven't painted my nails since before Christmas !
Love the different 'effects' though - makes my shite photography passable !

SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:38:33

BeerTricksPotter - Yah, it does doens't it? Just something I rustled in in my chic little imagination, I would post a photo of my trendy boho mind thinking it up in sepia if I could...

SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:39:55

DuchessFanny - Ahhh! You have fallen into the trap that I initially did, thinking it was just some gadget that made your pics look different..

SilverMoo Sat 09-Feb-13 18:51:33

When I go out and have fund with DC I rarely remember to take pics, let alone get the perfect shot with DC's looking in the right direction and then have time to edit it and do a little write up, I wonder how much time is dedicated to this?! It must make day to day life one big photo & bragging opportunity..

Bloggers = Broggers grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now