to not want to work full time?

(34 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 09-Feb-13 17:53:10

Due to skintness and DH now out of a job I have upped my hours.

I. Am. Knackered.

I know I am U but I like having 3 days off a week. I am simply too lazy and too feeble to work hard.

<<stamps poor tired feet childishly>>

catladycourtney1 Sat 09-Feb-13 20:04:05

YANBU. I work (well, I did until I went off on maternity leave last week) part-time - every day but short shifts - and if I ever have to work a full day, like for training or if my weekend place of work is closed and I have to make the hours up in the week, I am KNACKERED. I really don't know how people do it.

And I also have to be forced at gunpoint in a very very good mood to do any cooking or cleaning, even though I only work half days.

ilovesooty Sat 09-Feb-13 20:14:06

I think this is rather interesting, given the threads where husbands and partners work long hours and are castigated for not pulling their weight on the housework front.

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 09-Feb-13 20:17:18

Oh I castigate myself for being rubbish.

Makes no difference though. I'm still undomesticated and crap.

ilovesooty Sat 09-Feb-13 20:18:13

Taggie grin

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 09-Feb-13 20:20:20

And over the years have done a massive amount more than he has with the childrearing and breastfeeding and getting up at night. DD2 was 6 before she slept through the blasted night. Who got up? Me.
And I do other stuff. Like choosing curtains.

FlowerTruck Sat 09-Feb-13 20:31:26

Taggie You are fab. wine

ubik Sat 09-Feb-13 20:40:25

When I work 5 shifts in a row it effing kills me. And even though I work 18 hrs a week ( but sometimes much more then 2weeks off IYSWIM) I cannot get up in the mornings. DP gives the kids their breakfast blush and I stagger in at around 8am and literally cannot speak in a civil fashion until I have had 3 large mugs of coffee. Only then can I string a sentence together.

In my defence I do frequent night shifts and I did spend six years bf and getting up for small children in the night.

But still - poor DP.

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 09-Feb-13 20:46:01

Six years!!!!!!!

Without mumsnet!!!!!

I am owed.

Binkybix Sat 09-Feb-13 21:45:03

I don't want to work full time either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now