Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Ds wants Halo 3 for his 12th birthday next month

(59 Posts)
MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 09-Feb-13 13:26:11

It's a game apparently.

Its also a 15.

I have said no and he thinks IBU.

Am I?

My DS's (12 and 9) play Halo. They're not allowed to play online. They also love Portal, although it does my head in. I am rubbish at computer games and end up ricocheting between rooms while they point and laugh.

MrsReiver Tue 12-Feb-13 14:28:09

You tried playing Portal in co-op mode with one of your DS Chickens?

I also think Halo 3 is fine for a 12 year old. I agree it is more like Ben 10 than more violent realistic games like COD.

Portal is ace I would recommend too.

I wouldn't allow him to play it online though unless you heavily moderate who he is playing with.

fuzzpig Tue 12-Feb-13 14:34:02

YANBU

Zigzagwanderer Tue 12-Feb-13 14:37:39

I banned these games when my ds was 11-12 yrs. Then my Dp let him have COD when he turned 13, I tried to put my foot down but got bullied by my Dp to let him have it.. I get accused of over reacting and apparently I make a taboo out of it.
The thing is he often goes to his friends houses and they all have these games, so what's the point in banning them when he has easy access to them elsewhere. At least if he's here I can keep an eye out and tell him when to turn it off.
I wouldn't let him have ANY GTA game but he has friends younger than him who own it.
If you don't let him have the game now, he'll only find another way to play them.
It's not right but its impossible to keep them away.

God, no MrsReiver. I stick my tongue out and move the controller all over the place when I play. I'm completely pants.

PrincessUnderpaid Tue 12-Feb-13 15:29:29

We have some great family time playing together, it might not float everyones boat but we have spent many a rainy afternoon playing Lego LOTR - the lego games are some of my favourite ever! The Harry Potter series is fantastic. After dark, i must admit i enjoy a bit of COD, excellent stress relief.

MrsReiver Tue 12-Feb-13 15:35:55

You should try it Chickens, it's fantastic fun and easier if you've got two people playing. Plus the kids will love the novelty of bossing you around grin

DH has just traded in COD but I was eying Battlefield 3 this morning when I was in a bad mood - I might have to have a wee shot this evening....

Geranium3 Tue 12-Feb-13 19:38:51

And there's me thinking you were in a dilemma about your ds wanting a fairy halo set and about to send a sensitive reply to you OP!!!!!
Can you tell i only have dds {wink}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now