to ask how you get better when both you and your baby are unwell?

(28 Posts)
Kveta Sun 03-Feb-13 09:32:09

i have been told by gp that i have flu - temp over 39 for 5 days now, aches, cough, keep nearly or really passing out.

dd 7 months has a viral ear infection, temp over 40 (calpol brings it down though), not happy, keeps screaming and or feeding.

for the past 5 nights, she has been nursing all night, with the odd hour of sleep

i am not getting any better, need more sleep, very dehydrated no matter what u drink. gp said to rest and wait it out.

but dh can't take more time off this week, and i have boisterous 3yo too who needs to go to preschool.

how the hell am i meant to recover as obviously kids take priority?

CailinDana Sun 03-Feb-13 16:49:49

Your DH "can't" take any more time off work? Even though effectively there's no one around to look after his children? You absolutely can't do it, you're not well enough, therefore he either has to sort someone else to do it or do it himself. His job does not come before your health and the safety of your children.

RainbowSpiral Sun 03-Feb-13 21:54:29

I'd introduce a bottle if you haven't already so you don't have to breastfeed all night. You need to sleep to recover. Also Dh is there at night and can help by bottle feeding.

Cherriesarelovely Sun 03-Feb-13 22:47:59

Poor you, what a horrible time you are having. I had flu once before I had kids and it was absolutely vile and all I had to worry about was me. Agree with all, if your DH can't help ask him to sort out food before he goes and then stick cbeebies on. Get well soon. Wish I could be of more help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now