Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to wish the packs of tweens at the cinema would sit the eff down and shut the eff up?

(29 Posts)
WorriedMummy73 Sat 02-Feb-13 19:03:35

I've just been to the cinema with dc and spent an alarming amount of money on tickets, 3D glasses, snacks and drinks. We usually go to the Saturday morning special (£1.00 each) and take our own food and drink so there's no need for a second mortgage. Saturday morning films are packed with families and there is a fair amount of noise from toddlers and babies - I don't have an issue with this at all.

Today, though, we had a bunch of 5 or 6 tweens (11 or 12 years old?) who spent the entire film running (and yes, they were running) up and down the stairs to and from the toilets and making a horrendous amount of noise at the back. Our local cinema is in a fairly affluent area and located in a shopping centre. These kids are everywhere, with money coming out of their ears and they just wander around being obnoxious to everyone who crosses their path.

AIBU to wish their parents wouldn't just hand them stupid amounts of cash every weekend and wish them on their merry way and actually spend some time with them teaching them some manners and how to behave in public?

Glossynotflossy Sat 02-Feb-13 20:08:07

You are so not being unreasonable. Twice i have complained at the end of a film only to be told by the management that there is nothing they can basucally do and on one occasion said that i should have repeatedly complained.

When me and friend pointed out that the kids who spoilt a film for us a while nack (i wrote a aibu ) should probably have not been in due to the rating we were told it was something to do with discretion.

No apology or good will gesture just basically a tough shit attitude.

LynetteScavo England Sat 02-Feb-13 22:46:23

carabos, you need to tell us what film it was. Because it sounds like we'd rather have sex/phone a friend than watch it.

BandersnatchCummerbund Sat 02-Feb-13 22:59:06

YANBU. Cinema tickets are so expensive now that it absolutely gives me The Rage when people mess about and do distracting things, when I've paid what for me is a small fortune to go and see a film I want to watch. I blame decreasing attention spans. What makes it even worse is that it's starting to spill over into the theatre - can people not wait until the interval to stuff their gobs with fecking crackly bags of sweets, fgs? It's simple: turn your phone off, put your food away (unless non-rustly, non-smelly, in cinema), shut your mouth and bloody watch what you've paid to see or at least don't stop other people watching. If you want to talk/rustle/text, stay at home with your TV. Rant, rant, grrrrrr.

carabos Sat 02-Feb-13 23:12:31

Ha lynette it was Flight, starring the very excellent Denzel Washington and John Goodman. Not a great movie, admittedly, but the plane crash at the beginning was amply scary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now