Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not want school run mums to park accross my drive..............

(83 Posts)
CwtchesAndCuddles Fri 01-Feb-13 17:34:18

I need to vent.

We live very close to dds primary school on the main road through a villiage. There is plenty of parking but very little right by the school because of safety - school zigzags, single yellow lines etc.

There is a yellow line outside my house and residents parking on the other side of the road(terraced houses without drives) the houses my side all have drives and we all use them.

This morning there were two cars blocking mine and my neighbours drive - why do people think they can do this? Just park a bit further along the roadwhere there is space and WALK the extra 100 meters!!!

Don't get me started on the ones who park on the pavement so that people with pushchairs have to walk in the road......................or the ones who pull up blocking my drive to drop off as I'm trying to pull out.

What happens to people on the school run????

gimmecakeandcandy Sat 02-Feb-13 19:24:36

That website is hilarious

http://youparklikeacunt.com/

Antipag Sat 02-Feb-13 19:25:23

We have his EXACT problem. We started up a Facebook group taking pictures of offending vehicles and naming and shaming. We started distributing in paper form in the playground. It definitely stopped. Although then we had he renewed problem of people driving along at a crawl on he pavement whilst they search for somewhere to sneak their car, that was until one such driver ran a woman's foot over and the local police got involved.

Tensixtysix Sat 02-Feb-13 19:27:45

If your car is on the drive and they block it in, then they are breaking the law and deserve and 'egging'. If you can't get back onto your drive then you have to wait as you don't own the piece of road outside your home.

Eggs are great as they will stick to the paintwork good and proper. That should stop them!

pandaptogether Sat 02-Feb-13 19:31:34

happens all the time outside our school. the PTA produced a name a shame leaflet a few times to stop it happening.

Sugarice Sat 02-Feb-13 19:43:19

Never feel sorry for the shame face these parking twats put on when they're caught
in the act!

They then think you'll be equally sympathetic THE NEXT TIME they do it.

I photograph the offenders, yesterday some dick in his mahoosive van blocked the entire path on the other side of the road!

I told him his parking was dreadful and I got smile back. Twatpack!!.

lappy Sat 02-Feb-13 20:04:56

Right next to our school is a small cul-de-sac. One 4X4 mother parked her huge truck across an old mans drive for whole afternoon during sports day. He obviously took issue, she made it clear she didn't give a and he ended up turning his hope pipe on her and soaking her!!! Great but then she called police and he got done for it angry

hermioneweasley Sat 02-Feb-13 20:14:56

Lappy - What on earth coukd the police charge him with? Surely an elderly man with poor eyesight just missed aim when he was watering his flowers?

harbingerofdoom Mon 04-Feb-13 19:55:57

Hose pipe ban?

I don't need to water any flowers (all drowned) but the path is looking very mossy wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now