To think that weed is NOT a soft drug?

(58 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Mon 28-Jan-13 23:53:01

One of my lovely old friends has got back in tough. He's a decent guy and we are going out for a drink but he won't be drinking booze apparently because he's into weed.

I don't know why people get this notion that weed is not as dangerous as alchohol. Ok; alchohol has it's downsides but weed causes psychosis and paranoia, not to mention lethargy. Especially now we have genetically engineered skunk weed. I have smoked weed in the past and it made me go completely loopy and paranoid....but it was seen as 'cool'. I really like this guy but I am going to have to point out that is he's a proper caner we will have to just be friends.

So whos with me on this one; weed IS more dangerous than booze no?

notMarlene Wed 30-Jan-13 00:07:19

I know. The UK culture really is rather unwell sad

Probably should have mentioned that registration and ID are required in said shops. But, yeah, that'd probably be no obstacle in the UK.

It makes me sad that I don't want to bring my children up in my own country, but seriously I'd hate to move back while they're growing up. I didn't plan to have them abroad but TBH I'm very thankful I / they ended up here.

WorraLiberty Wed 30-Jan-13 00:09:15

That does concern me, fucking around with something that could potentially cause schizophrenia? <shudders> One of my friends at school developed it, it's a terrifying illness.

Alcohol abuse can also cause schizophrenia.

In fact, anything that alters the mind can bring it on especially if that person has a predisposition to it...they may not know that until it's too late.

Boomerwang Wed 30-Jan-13 00:11:29

The only thing that bothers me is that it's still an illegal substance and I have a fear of being associated with criminal activity (please don't quote 'taping corrie off the tv' at me). However, I think it should be brought in line with other legal but harmful substances like alcohol and tobacco.

If a friend of mine overdid the alcohol I'd step back from the friendship in the same way as if it were someone who was always stoned.

WorraLiberty Wed 30-Jan-13 00:11:44

notMarlene which country are you living in?

Very true Worra

I'm not particularly keen on alcohol either

notMarlene Wed 30-Jan-13 00:18:47

The Netherlands. Why?

WorraLiberty Wed 30-Jan-13 00:22:46

I don't know, why not?

You brought it up lol

notMarlene Wed 30-Jan-13 00:36:38

grin indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now