TheRevengeOfMrGrumpy Mon 28-Jan-13 23:23:17

Sunday lunch for example:

Lift plate1, peas, carrots spuds, meat etc
Lift plate2, peas, carrots spuds, meat etc

Takes ages.

When I do it (majority of time):

Lift carrots - plate 1, plate 2, plate 3, plate 4, plate 5
Lift peas - plate 1, plate 2, plate 3, plate 4, plate 5

Seems much much faster and food is hotter when it arrives on table.

StuntGirl Tue 29-Jan-13 00:05:43

I don't care how people serve it up as long as I get to eat it grin

TheRevengeOfMrGrumpy Tue 29-Jan-13 00:07:19

Aye but would you prefer it hot or luke warm?

Monty27 Tue 29-Jan-13 00:08:18

I take it you're sitting on your arse while this is going on. Aw do you have to go over a bridge to collect it.

Hee hee weegie, I've only been deleted once.

HopAndSkip Tue 29-Jan-13 00:11:36

YANBU, maybe she likes the accomplishment of finishing each plate one at a time? grin

You think you have problems?

My dp fully serves up one plate of food, brings it to the recipient, goes back to the kitchen, gets the next plate and repeats!

It takes forever!

And he's a bloody chef.

<and breathe>

TheRevengeOfMrGrumpy Tue 29-Jan-13 00:12:14

Well monty you'd be wrong. I'd be laying the table, dragging the kids away from the Wii to wash their hands and also getting their drinks. Then they sit there waiting for 5 mins.

tethersend Tue 29-Jan-13 00:13:23

It's hard to get the arsenic into one person's food the way you do it.

TheRevengeOfMrGrumpy Tue 29-Jan-13 00:14:50

southerncomforts - I forgot to include the cutting up of the meat, spuds and large veg for our toddler, before she then goes on to serve the rest. I say I'll do that and to carry on serving the rest, but apparently, I can't cut up food like she can smile

PootlePosyPerkin Tue 29-Jan-13 00:16:31

thethersend grin.

YANBU OP, I do it your way too. Don't spend too much time showing your DW the error of her ways though will you? There are bigger things to worry about - such as the way she layers her trifle grin.

TheRevengeOfMrGrumpy Tue 29-Jan-13 00:20:33

I could complain about how long it takes her to bring me my morning cup of tea too, but I keep quiet about that. I suspect it's locating the Bromide from the hiding place that causes the delay.

DupontetDupond Tue 29-Jan-13 00:20:38

Hmmm... It's the time aspect for me. If I was sitting waiting for my nice hot lunch and it was taking forever I'd feel like the punters in the legendary Two Soups...

youtu.be/4ezkDHnxO7o

Though I'm sure your DW has all her own teeth...

CuriousMama Tue 29-Jan-13 00:22:42

Easier to have staff imo.

Monty27 Tue 29-Jan-13 00:26:35

'Well monty you'd be wrong. I'd be laying the table, dragging the kids away from the Wii to wash their hands and also getting their drinks. Then they sit there waiting for 5 mins.'

Oooh Mr Grumpy.

It's you isn't it, the troll that mn likes and allows, it must be.......?

<tries hard for second deletion after 8 years)

Jojobump1986 Tue 29-Jan-13 00:26:45

OP, you'd hate my PILs. When they have family gatherings my FIL serves up the main dish at the table - usually a roast so he'll carve each portion as he goes - & then hands the plate to MIL who takes it back into the kitchen to add the veg. Often FIL hasn't finished carving the next portion before MIL gets back with the previous one because he gets distracted talking to someone & MIL has to remind him to keep going when she returns. Usually the first person served has finished eating before PILs sit down with theirs. It's excruciatingly slow!

BupcakesAndCunting Tue 29-Jan-13 01:40:53

This is what hostess trolleys are for.

<1970s wife>

Monty27 Tue 29-Jan-13 01:51:07

Bups grin

Oh I need to see Abigail's Party again.

DoItToJulia Tue 29-Jan-13 01:53:31

Hmmm...why do you allow such madness in your home?

Go the whole hog and put your foot down with a firm hand and impose your superior dinner serving way upon her.

Tut.

I don't care as long as I'm not the one doing it

EugenesAxe Tue 29-Jan-13 02:33:02

Meat onto plates. All other food into heated vessels on table & everyone helps themselves/passes around.

This has the added bonus of teaching division & politeness/ awareness of the needs of others.

My PIL divvy all up in the kitchen & it drives me slightly bonkers 'Does Eugene want beans? Will the children eat parsnip?'.

Lueji Tue 29-Jan-13 02:57:23

Serve food????

Away from the table????

Bluegrass Tue 29-Jan-13 02:59:33

LTB!

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:06:03

yanbu, it'll go cold. I avoid this conundrum by not owning any plates, cutlery, or cooking equipment = no washing up, no cold food, no domestic disagreements. My christmas dinner was like this though (was sat there for 30 mins while they faffed about) - v annoying

cafecito Tue 29-Jan-13 03:06:54

but in general, agree with Eugenes

littlewhitebag Tue 29-Jan-13 06:19:27

Mr Grumpy. Your way is correct as that is the way I do it and I am always right in matters such as this.

AppleOgies Tue 29-Jan-13 06:43:38

Her way is highly inefficient... I think from now on you will have to do it, else you'll all be eating cold dinners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now