WIBU to put a pillow over my husbands head?

(21 Posts)
Hegsy Fri 25-Jan-13 02:45:31

And then press down until he stops snoring and well if he happens to stop breathing as a result well that's just tough shit and he should learn not to sleep on his back? grin

Might be kinder to just roll him over.

Greenkit Fri 25-Jan-13 02:49:23

Just give him a kick, seems to work well

YANBU

I wear earplugs because dh snores so damn loudly, and there are times when a sneaky wee pinch has to be employed to get him to move.

But I am a cow tad unreasonable when he's snoring into my ear!

Hegsy Fri 25-Jan-13 02:53:11

Tried that, the barsteward rolled back. Have tried nudging, poking, elbowing, coughing, sighing and huffing have got up and put a dvd on and everything but he is completely comatose, however, if I go sleep in the spare room he'll be all upset and huffy in the morning and I'll still be able to hear him.

bangersmashandbeans Fri 25-Jan-13 02:59:06

I feel your pain! DH is exactly the same. Im 38 weeks pregnant and its sending me slightly mental - the other night I shined a light directly in his face and told him I was actually going to kill him! blush Nutter... It is unbelievably infuriating.

YellowTulips Fri 25-Jan-13 02:59:56

YABU. You are not kicking the bugger hard enough ;-)

I hold DPs nose, it wakes him up a bit so he stops snoring. I then do that every time he snores until he lets me fall asleep.

Greenkit Fri 25-Jan-13 03:07:20

I agree with Yellow - Kick.Him.Harder.

I also wear ear plugs

That's a genius idea Schro - will try that out later!

Hegsy Fri 25-Jan-13 03:16:34

Woo hoo he's off his back and onto his side I might have accidentally stretched and elbowed him quite hard. Hopefully now I'll get some sleep. Thanks for the venting ground. Need to work on getting the cat not to sleep at my feet so I can kick him. Hard!

Greenkit Fri 25-Jan-13 03:34:01

Or train the cat to sleep on your DH's nose and mouth head

Tapir It is the only thing that will work with DP, he can out sleep my elbows. grin

He does wake up sometimes though, half asleep saying "so to get me to stop snoring you try to suffocate me!?"

I just gently remind him that he has a mouth and can still breathe! grin

Emilythornesbff Fri 25-Jan-13 05:16:15

YANBU. I am also currently listening to that sweet snoring sound angry.
(that's my DH though, I'm not hiding under your bed grin.

Emilythornesbff Fri 25-Jan-13 05:17:00

Good grief! He's just stopped!

mademred Fri 25-Jan-13 06:05:28

Yanbu, do the pillow only if its really loud and disturbing everyone, have you got close neighbours also to consider? Earplugs don't work nxt to my dh.infact I thought this post was about him.

WMDinthekitchen Fri 25-Jan-13 06:11:02

If he sleeps naked I have no suggestions. Otherwise, sew a cotton reel onto the back of his pjs/tee shirt.

It worked - and he didn't even wake up when I did it.

Schro I bow before your wonderfulness - what a tip that was!

My preferred option is physically prising his shoulder up from the bed, so he has to roll over onto his side, then sleeping with my arm outstretched and my hand in a fist so he can't roll back over.

Alternatively, wait until your 3 year old gets into bed at 5am and then does a great impression of daddy snoring at the breakfst table 2 hours later. grin

Glad it worked! grin

Btw, I forgot to say. Primark are selling "anti snoring" pillows! I have no idea if they work but perhaps worth a try?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now