To feel sorry for the cats living in prison?

(115 Posts)
Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:46:00

Now watching "Inside Death Row" with Trevor.

I feel very sorry for the poor cats who live in a cell, especially when they are in lock down.

expatinscotland Thu 24-Jan-13 21:46:54

Not really. They're very loved.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 24-Jan-13 21:48:09

Can they not get out between the bars?

D0oinMeCleanin Thu 24-Jan-13 21:49:18

I was just going to ask that Frustrated, my cat can squeeze through almost any gap and he's huge.

Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:50:38

One of the prisoners said the cats find it hard when they are on lock down as they want to get out too.

But I never thought of the bars and them being able to squeeze out!

thekidsrule Thu 24-Jan-13 21:51:15

not watching but if they can roam about i would think its a good life

loads of attention unlike some cats that dont see their owners for hour on end

as the prisoners dont have much to do i should think the cat gets lots of attention

Booyhoo Thu 24-Jan-13 21:51:41

lots of indoor cats are very happy with never going outside. especially if they have never been out in the first place.

thekidsrule Thu 24-Jan-13 21:52:35

i had no idea prisoners were aloud cats

i think its a great idea

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Thu 24-Jan-13 21:52:53

I bet they can squeeze out, how else will they be able to get into the neighbouring cell to do a poo?

Passmethecrisps Thu 24-Jan-13 21:53:23

There are cats? Like in prison break?

My cat never goes outside. Do the death row inmates have floor to ceiling bars or is it more like cubicles?

Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:53:50

Mine are not allowed outside either.

I had the impression that they were inside the small all day.

So IABU it seems smile

Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:54:47

The cell*

ComposHat Thu 24-Jan-13 21:54:49

Perhaps the cats are not pets, but have been put in the slammer for some sort of misdemenour.

Samvet Thu 24-Jan-13 21:55:35

I was thinking about this! I think if they have been there since they were little kittens then they would adjust ok, any older than 12 weeks or so when they went it and it could be a problem. In USA a lot of cats are euthanased as strays so think if they are rescue kittens then not a bad thing.

Booyhoo Thu 24-Jan-13 21:56:02

do they have litter trays in the cells? i'm picturing all these cats being let out to a communal litter tray room every morning and them all giving a massive sigh of relief! grin

Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:56:16

Perhaps the cats are not pets, but have been put in the slammer for some sort of misdemenour.

Snort grin

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Thu 24-Jan-13 21:58:02

Bet them nasty Siamese cats from Aristocats are in there.

And TopCat. He was a PITA.

chandellina Thu 24-Jan-13 22:03:16

I feel a lot sorrier for strays who have no one to care for them and irregular meals.

So you're watching a programme about people who are about to be legally murdered by the state & you're concerned for the cats?

Do they take the cats with them, pharaoh style when their time comes?

Do the cats throw themselves on the electric chair & commit sati when their owner goes down?

If not YABU.

porridgewithalmondmilk Thu 24-Jan-13 22:10:47

haha at the bad cats grin

I have an indoor cat, he was in a rescue centre for over a year and he just doesn't like going far! He goes out twice a day to poo. He's fine, he could go out but he doesn't want to!

Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 22:11:07

Justread... I am completely against the death penalty and felt bad for most of them.

I admitted IABU as well lol

Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 22:14:32

I only felt sorry for the cats when the prisoner said they were in lock down for 24 hours and it was hard on his poor cat because he wanted to get out but he was stuck there too with him.

Then he mentioned that they were once in 24 hour lock down for 11 months straight. So I assumed that the cat was then too as he made out that the cat couldn't go out when he was in lock down.

That is what made me feel bad smile

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Thu 24-Jan-13 22:14:44

I bet they can squeeze out, how else will they be able to get into the neighbouring cell to do a poo? good point pelvic

Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 22:15:32

Sorry about the awfully worded post above, typing one handed.

Samu2 Thu 24-Jan-13 22:16:16

If they could squeeze out why did he say that the cat found it hard when they were in lock down?

hmmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now