Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

...... To be unable to watch the comic relief bake off because I find Claudia Winklemann so annoying?

(52 Posts)
Emilythornesbff Thu 24-Jan-13 20:36:33

So bloody OTT!
Is it just me?
Is that mean?
Otherwise it would be on my viewing list. Now I have to do chores instead.sad

scratchandsniff Fri 25-Jan-13 14:33:39

YANBU

Have just watched it, and found her very annoying. She was trying too hard to be 'hilarious' and she wasn't. Paul looked slightly irritated by her too. The high five was cringey.

She also looked like she had been tangoed.

Emilythornesbff Fri 25-Jan-13 14:23:03

Has it finished? Who else is on it? I feel deprived now.

Peka Fri 25-Jan-13 14:23:02

emilythornesbff sorry I didn't mean you - it was other posts on the thread that made me say that. Your OP clearly just mentioned her personality - fair enough. But I get narked when people resort to dissing women's looks as a reason they don't like them. I mean seriously, have you ever ditched a friend in RL because she wore too much eye makeup?

Bogeyface Fri 25-Jan-13 14:20:32

The hair thing really annoyed me too, especially the rower (cant remember her name!) you wouldnt want one of her hairs in your cake would you?!

Surely, if they are encouraging people to bake something to sell for Comic Relief then hygiene should have been paramount?!

Gigondas Fri 25-Jan-13 14:09:36

Yanbu - she is ok sometimes but I wanted to tie her hair back (hair in cake - Eugh), get her sleeves out of everything (seriously she is not in sixth form now) and stop the Ott bit .

But she pales next to whispering Martha.

LadySybilPussPolham Fri 25-Jan-13 14:07:39

it's

LadySybilPussPolham Fri 25-Jan-13 14:06:57

She's an arse. And she's not quirky, original or zany because its an ACT that she has spent a long time perfecting because it is her TV persona (which, sadly, appears to be popular). If she was genuinely 'ditsy' she wouldn't be so profoundly irritating.

Mamf74 Fri 25-Jan-13 14:01:27

I do rather love her, I can see why she could be found irritating but that's partly why I think she's great - she doesn't seem to confirm to the blonde, skinny, personality vacuum type of presenters that seem to be sadly creeping in on tv. I agree that when she & Tess Daly presented Strictly she seemed to liven it up and I really liked Tess that week - she seemed to be a lot freer than she is when co presenting with Bruce Forsyth.

DH & I were chatting about her last night, and tbh I would rather her as a "role model" presenter than say, Holly Willougby, who seems to be caught in some kind of simpering 50s housewife role, who is constantly talked over by Mr Schofield. Claudia isn't afraid of coming over as odd, she seems to be reasonably confident in herself, her opinions and who she is which is great.

That said, I'm not sure I could cope with her alone on a desert island for more than a week wink

Annianni Fri 25-Jan-13 14:00:33

Yabu, I love her and I love her fringe because it's like mine.

Narked Fri 25-Jan-13 14:00:12

I think she's lovely.

Emilythornesbff Fri 25-Jan-13 13:54:44

Actually, confess the fringe is a bit annoying.

Emilythornesbff Fri 25-Jan-13 13:53:54

peka I don't object to her "look". (and I'm sure she's super lovely in RL so I do feel a bit mean) but I find her affected manner so fucking irritating that I'm simply unable to watch anything on tv that she's in.

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 25-Jan-13 13:47:04

I like her too, but I don't understand how her fringe doesn't really, really annoy her.
I have a fringe and I can't stand it flopping in my eyes all the time.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Fri 25-Jan-13 13:41:08

I cannot stand her! That bloody fringe of hers is ridiculous and I am convinced that she sort of squints her eyes the way she does cos she cannot see.

HillBillySillyBilly Fri 25-Jan-13 13:39:21

Yabu I LOVE her and ADORE her hair and style....Girl crush!

Tailtwister Fri 25-Jan-13 13:37:18

I've just seen it and yes, she was pretty annoying. She made some really strange comments too. I'm sure PH was extremely grateful she didn't follow through with her threat to lick his face smile

MsVestibule Fri 25-Jan-13 13:29:13

I like her! Mainly for the fact that she doesn't feel the need to dress in tight, short clothes all the time, unlike Davina, Tess et al. She is a bit 'odd' but not in an 'I'm mad, me!" Colin Hunt stylee.

rumbelina Fri 25-Jan-13 13:27:03

She's not marmite! I quite like her but I don't particularly love her. She annoys me on the film programme but is ok in other stuff.

I laughed out loud when she said to Paul "I seriously want to lick your face" but he didn't even look that shocked, probably used to her by then.

blonderthanred Fri 25-Jan-13 13:19:28

Oh she's fab, YABU. DH loves her even more though.

HormonalHousewife Fri 25-Jan-13 13:18:50

cant watch anything with her in it - or Davina either tbh.

cerealqueen Fri 25-Jan-13 13:16:32

YANBU. I can't watch the film review show now she has taken over. I didn't realise how well connected she was though.

Peka Fri 25-Jan-13 13:10:27

Ok so she has a strange look - but at least she's not a bloody production line version of the people women we always see on TV! She's an individual! Can people not cope with women who have their own style?? And did anyone else notice that when Claud and Tess took over the Saturday night Strictly show Tess wasn't wearing a stupid slit to the armpit dress and was able to behave like the sensible, intelligent woman she actually is instead of covering up for all the mistakes Brucie makes and laughing at his AWFUL jokes?! Being with Claud made Tess look clever! I'd like her to stand next to me and make me look clever.

I think CW is televisual Marmite. There is no in between. You love her or hate her.

I'm in the latter category.

Therefore YANBU.

atthewelles Fri 25-Jan-13 12:47:54

I love her. She's quirky, funny, clever, and doesn't take herself too seriously.

peacefuloptimist Fri 25-Jan-13 12:45:19

Oh god she was awful. I've just started watching it on iplayer and she is so over the top. She wanted them to high five her shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now