Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To expect the police to care about this?

(52 Posts)
FoxtrotFoxtrotSierra Thu 24-Jan-13 12:29:37

My bike was stolen a couple of weeks back and has now popped up on eBay. I called the police to let them know, and after a battle of trying to be put through to my officer (we can't put you through madam, he can call you back) I eventually got through to one of his colleagues. He couldn't have cared less that my bike is on bloody eBay, doesn't want the link, doesn't want to do anything about it, has said my officer might call me about it tomorrow.

AIBU to think they should be recovering my property that was stolen from me? And reasonably urgently to prevent the bike being sold?

OverlyYappyAlways Fri 25-Jan-13 14:42:46

Wow Yes one of them was on my Dads bike my DS had borrowed it this one was found dumped locally, the other bike I found the child on and took it off him and gave the police his name and rough idea of address (well known family) he was charged.

This sounds terrible that you have so many details and the police sound so uninterested.

FoxtrotFoxtrotSierra Fri 25-Jan-13 14:53:41

I've finally got through to them - they're going to do some surveillance and maybe some kind of swoop in a few weeks. I'm not seeing my beloved mountain bike again though as it'll be long gone by then. All it took was me doing all the work, pointing out a number of parallels and then tweeting half of London about the lack of care about bike crime.

Fortunately, the insurance company have been amazing and have paid out so I can get a new one and continue to cycle to school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now