Dh taking photos of our dinners AIBU to be pissed off?

(145 Posts)

Dh has started taking photos of the dinners I serve up. He posts them on Facebook and then his mates, who all think their amateur chefs, comment on them.

This has pissed me off but I have just shrugged it off. Now last night we had a scrape the bottom of the freezer tea as it is payday on Wednesday. It was a Cornish pasty, beans and cheese. Not healthy I know but all we had left. He posted it and an ex girlfriend commented that it was "heart attack on a plate".

Now he tells me that he is going to tag is ex girlfriend on the photo every day so she can comment on how healthy it is. This really annoyed me and I said its bad enough that your mates judge me, now you want an ex girlfriend to judge as well.

He now has the hump and says I'm being over sensitive.

AIBU?

TranceDaemon Thu 24-Jan-13 11:00:24

I also agree that you seem to have bigger issues than his twattish behaviour wrt food. Don't take his shit OP!! Stand up for yourself and tell him if he mocks or humiliates you again (which is what he is trying to do) that he can fuck right off!

Fuming on your behalf angry

PartTimeModel Thu 24-Jan-13 10:43:43

"He is a prize winning arsehole"
Oh how I would love to see ^^ represented in a meal, along with Chaz's sausage & meatball meal.

PartTimeModel Thu 24-Jan-13 10:41:44

Half of my friend on FB post pictures of their meals - usually from restaurants though. envy

I agree you should stop cooking for him. You are unhappy about being judged this way & he isn't taking your objections seriously. He has been warned. Take a photo of a tin of beans/soup etc, post to FB and tag him. Leave him to it until he promises to stop.

FairPhyllis Thu 24-Jan-13 10:23:58

I can confirm that people do indeed put pictures of their dinner on facebook. I have some foodie friends who do it all the time in a faux-casual showing off way. It is dull dull DULL.

He is mean. Definitely don't cook for him - but why would you want to be with someone so nasty in the first place?

MrRected Thu 24-Jan-13 10:14:06

Wow. He is a prize winning arsehole - my DH would have been torn a new one for doing something like that.

Show him this thread.

Like the posters above I do think there is a bigger issue here.

In the meantime I would serve him a single sausage and two meatballs appropriately arranged.

ratspeaker Thu 24-Jan-13 09:55:35

^ What pictishsaid

I'd missed the bit she's highlighted, it's not your issue it's his.
To many the posting pics of meals would seem a joke, a bad one at that but a caring partner would stop and apologise as soon as you mentioned it annoyed or upset you, let alone tag an ex then tell you that you are "oversensitive"
It's sounding like it's part of continuing behaviour to undermine your confidence.

pictish Thu 24-Jan-13 09:25:19

Obviously he is being a complete twat, posting pictures of your cooking for comment when he doesn't cook himself. That goes without saying...how insensitive and ungracious he is.

However I'm far more interested in this

He can be a total arse at times but always seems to turn it round so I end up thinking its my issue.

Do elaborate, because I feel that this bad mannered photo taking of dinner is just scratching the surface.

MrsMeeple Thu 24-Jan-13 09:17:27

I also thought of the "serve him cutouts of fancy food" strategy. If he wants pretty pictures to be commented on by one and all, he can have one downloaded off the web. Or make his own!

MusicalEndorphins Thu 24-Jan-13 08:57:57

Pics of him stuffing his face with stuff you didn't cook, like crisps, chips, sweets, anything unhealthy he eats, or pizza, drinking coke or beer, tag him so she sees them.

ratspeaker Thu 24-Jan-13 08:48:47

What does HE cook for YOU?
Start taking pics of an empty plate and post it on your FB thus showing what he has prepared for you.

You need to talk to him saying how disrespectful you find his encouraging criticism of your cooking. If he doesn't like it he can make his own.

I find his behaviour a bit controlling, he is not acknowledging your feelings in this and dismissing your upset as "being oversensitive". What is the rest of your relationship like?

DizzyZebra Thu 24-Jan-13 01:52:44

YANBU, I wouldn't cook for him.

MrsWembley Wed 23-Jan-13 23:12:45

So, how did it go tonight then, OP?

ChandlerBingsNubbin Wed 23-Jan-13 12:37:38

I did stop cooking at all for about 6 months a few years back. Since due to a recent thread I have discovered there is a term for my dh, being a "spoonyfucker"

If I cook he always has to add a dash of something to it, tbh I watched him put salt on his dinner last night and even the way he does that pisses me off, all a bit elaborate.

So, even though he works full time and I am now at home, he still cooks maybe 3 times in the week, and 90% of the cooking of a weekend. It works for us, he gets home has a sit down for 20 minutes, and then goes off to start dinner for us all. He enjoys cooking, and can add any sort of random mix of stuff to his food while he is cooking, I see cooking as a chore tbh.

Guiltypleasures001 Wed 23-Jan-13 09:54:42

simple take a pic of his dick and put it on facebook and invite all your mates and his to comment on size shape etc. or break the camera

TheSloppelganger Wed 23-Jan-13 09:12:28

So either he is being a hipsterish wanker who thinks his facebook dinner-pic-spam twattery is opening up a meaningful debate about food hmm

Or he is being a sneery git and posting the photos in an effort to get his mates to be not-necessarily-polite amateur critics about them angry

He'd be getting a spaghetti twat on toast from me, see what he and his little chums make of that.

As for tagging in his ex in on everything you cook. I seriously would not cook for him anymore if he started doing that, and would only start cooking again if he promised not to do it again.

I worked as a fine dining chef, and love to cook - so I generally put out a decent restaurant-quality dinner - but I would still be a bit uncomfortable to have my cooking plastered all over FB to be critiqued every night. Tagging in the ex would probably make me reach for my cleaver.

Hullygully Wed 23-Jan-13 08:52:14

And he's still alive.......?

fuzzpig Wed 23-Jan-13 08:46:39

I really want some alphabetti spaghetti now, and some of those letter shaped chip things I used to have at school dinners!

First thing I thought of on reading the title was that schoolgirl who started the blog (never seconds?) and photographed all the awful school lunches. Is that what he's trying to do?! It was cute and enterprising when she did it, but your H is just being a monumental twit.

Tanith Wed 23-Jan-13 08:41:56

These are brilliant and I think Op's DP is fully deserving of them all.

Love Custardo's little poem wink

My dad used to moan about my mum's cooking. Her worst sin was apparently her gravy and he insisted one Sunday that he was going to do it.
He miscalculated the cornflour. In silence, we sliced the gravy onto our plates grin

Adversecamber Wed 23-Jan-13 08:23:46

Applauds OTS Aunt.

I have stopped looking at FB , it has improved my blood pressure. I have a friend that put his dinners on almost every day but at least he cooked them himself.

I hate confrontation but would argue over this

I think you should print out the pictures that he's uploaded and cut them out and put them on his plate each night. Or spell out "heart attack" on his plate with alphabetti spaghetti grin

ladymariner Wed 23-Jan-13 00:00:01

Love it whatever that'll do the trick perfectly grin

scrumpkin Tue 22-Jan-13 23:27:09

Give the cunt an empty plate to snap.

CuriousMama Tue 22-Jan-13 23:23:20

grin ots

Stop cooking for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now