Dh taking photos of our dinners AIBU to be pissed off?

(145 Posts)

Dh has started taking photos of the dinners I serve up. He posts them on Facebook and then his mates, who all think their amateur chefs, comment on them.

This has pissed me off but I have just shrugged it off. Now last night we had a scrape the bottom of the freezer tea as it is payday on Wednesday. It was a Cornish pasty, beans and cheese. Not healthy I know but all we had left. He posted it and an ex girlfriend commented that it was "heart attack on a plate".

Now he tells me that he is going to tag is ex girlfriend on the photo every day so she can comment on how healthy it is. This really annoyed me and I said its bad enough that your mates judge me, now you want an ex girlfriend to judge as well.

He now has the hump and says I'm being over sensitive.

AIBU?

forgetmenots Tue 22-Jan-13 20:34:31

YANBU, I think you should start rating his sexual performance on Facebook. Allow your exes to comment of course.

BiteTheTopsOffIcedGems Tue 22-Jan-13 20:34:35

I agree with the alphabet spaghetti idea.
If you do it well enough and carefully place it on toast it could be like subliminal messaging.
'Piss off slaggy ex-girlfriend. In yer face you cow'

fuckadoodlepoopoo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:34:38

It had never occurred to me to make a bacon sandwich with eggy bread. Hmm

NoelHeadbands Tue 22-Jan-13 20:35:46

He posted it and an ex girlfriend commented that it was "heart attack on a plate".

She was just wishful thinking I'm sure

Nanny0gg Tue 22-Jan-13 20:35:56

Of course people can (and do) stop cooking for the OHs when they're behaving like @rses.
Can't understand why you haven't stopped already.
Although if it were me, he'd need a torch and a compass to find his phone.
grin

fuckadoodlepoopoo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:35:59

What total arse things does he do?

RavenVonChaos Tue 22-Jan-13 20:37:11

Put a massive dog turd on a plate and serve that up to him.

deleted203 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:37:19

I'd take a photo of his cock and tell him casually I was going to post it on FB asking for 'ratings' and 'comments'. (I'd also be tempted to tell him you weren't going to put it in your mouth until his Ex had confirmed to you that it was healthy and how many calories it contained).

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:37:50

Are you a really good cook OP? Is he posting the pictures hoping to get lots of positive comments? If so I suppose it's a compliment of sorts. If you're not a great cook / are just putting up ordinary meals and the comments are mixed at best I'd say he's being a total dick and I genuinely wouldn't cook for him.

CuriousMama Tue 22-Jan-13 20:38:27

Yes totally refuse to cook for him.

He's very weird. I'd be seriously worried about dp if he did this.

CaptainVonTrapp Tue 22-Jan-13 20:39:11

I like all the alphabetti spaghetti ideas but really its to good for him. Now the dog turd suggestion - that is more like what he deserves!

BertieBotts Tue 22-Jan-13 20:42:45

Oh god fuckadoodle do it. It's amazing.

DeepRedBetty Tue 22-Jan-13 20:43:00

grin sowornout

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 22-Jan-13 20:45:10

Ooooohhh, bacon sandwich with eggy bread. Yum.

OP, your DH is being a twat.

I love the idea of swearing in vegetable form, very artistic and a great way to get the point across. It could run for weeks with him being served vegetable swears. His ex would love the healthiness of it all I'm sure.

Id probably be threatening to do the 'will it blend' challenge on DH's cock but that's me...

YANBU.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:50:45

I'd take a photo of his cock and tell him casually I was going to post it on FB asking for 'ratings' and 'comments'. (I'd also be tempted to tell him you weren't going to put it in your mouth until his Ex had confirmed to you that it was healthy and how many calories it contained).

You HAVE to do that op!

Crikeyblimey Tue 22-Jan-13 20:51:21

Absolute arse. Unless he raves about your cooking and is showing off your skills, then he's being a twat.

Bacon butty with eggy bread!! Just shared that gem with the boys and it has been declared the "must have"'Sunday breakfast smile

EricNorthmansFangBanger Tue 22-Jan-13 20:53:09

YANBU. Tell the wanker to cook his own tea.

HecateWhoopass Tue 22-Jan-13 20:56:04

Why should it be a massive argument?

you're not his servant.

you are perfectly entitled to say that you have had enough of being mocked (- because make no mistake THAT is what he is doing. He is mocking you. ) and that from now on, he can cook his own food because you aren't going to be the butt of his jokes. Something for him to get people to laugh at and criticise.

Lollybrolly Tue 22-Jan-13 20:58:36

angry for you OP!!!!

Start uploading pics of designer food like this instead and then see how smug his ex is!!!!! food design

Joiningthegang Tue 22-Jan-13 20:59:02

Yanbu - just stop cooking for hom - what a tosser

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Tue 22-Jan-13 20:59:46

LEAVE THE BASTARD!

SirBoobAlot Tue 22-Jan-13 21:02:10

Oh I hate it when people update pictures of their dinner. Why the fuck do I care what you are having for dinner?

YANBU. Stop cooking for him.

TallyGrenshall Tue 22-Jan-13 21:03:38

It doesn't need to be a massive argument, just stop doing it. You asked him to stop posting the pics for his mates to take the piss out of, he didn't so now he can look after himself.

YY to the peas!
YADNBU!

I think it's a bt rubbish to constantly put photos of dinner on FB, my sister does it and it drives me mad. It does make DP thankful he got the sane vegetarian sister rather than the one who's cooking is still in the old fashioned veggie mindset hmm Lime risotto, asparagus and chilli-cheese courgette chunks anyone? <<bleurgh>>

(The risotto and asparagus pairing is okay, but chilli-cheese courgette chunks too?! Lime and cheese?!)

Or veggie 'chicken' kievs with a stir-fry noodle salad? I could go on and on about my sister's weird combos! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now