Dh taking photos of our dinners AIBU to be pissed off?

(145 Posts)

Dh has started taking photos of the dinners I serve up. He posts them on Facebook and then his mates, who all think their amateur chefs, comment on them.

This has pissed me off but I have just shrugged it off. Now last night we had a scrape the bottom of the freezer tea as it is payday on Wednesday. It was a Cornish pasty, beans and cheese. Not healthy I know but all we had left. He posted it and an ex girlfriend commented that it was "heart attack on a plate".

Now he tells me that he is going to tag is ex girlfriend on the photo every day so she can comment on how healthy it is. This really annoyed me and I said its bad enough that your mates judge me, now you want an ex girlfriend to judge as well.

He now has the hump and says I'm being over sensitive.

AIBU?

CaptainVonTrapp Tue 22-Jan-13 20:21:13

The very worst of facebook.

I bet his ex is thanking her lucky stars that she is indeed an ex after seeing these dull pictures every night (and his rude behaviour).

I wouldn't cook for him. Get some manners.

Anyone that posts this kind of thing on FB... Well I immediately think they're a sad case, and hide their updates. Just stop cooking for him, and save his 286 FB acquaintances the trouble.

Serve alphabet spaghetti and use it to spell whatever you wish

Tortington Tue 22-Jan-13 20:22:14

I would say
"Dearest Mr. Butterfly,
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
But if you post another fucking picture on facebook;
I shall cook for thee no more sir.

YANBU. And I would refuse to cook.

I cured DH's dirty dishes habit in the early days, one day I got in a massive strop Anne said I wasn't going to bother washing up if he didn't. I chucked everything in a bin bag and into the bin.

(He got it out later and washed it. And he's probably tidier than I am now).

CaptainVonTrapp Tue 22-Jan-13 20:22:29

and the very worst of iPhones too

crunchbag Tue 22-Jan-13 20:22:35

oh no don't refuse to cook god forbid if he had to cook his own dinner

and get it judged by his mates.

balia Tue 22-Jan-13 20:22:46

Does he do anything around the house? DIY, housework? You could take photos of HIS efforts and invite strangers to evaluate him - or you could take photos of the most grotty areas of the house and caption them 'the bathroom DH said he would clean' or empty areas of garden 'the patio DH said he would build' etc.

Alphabetti Spaghetti has to be your friend here

Pandemoniaa Tue 22-Jan-13 20:23:47

Here's something for him to take a picture of:
biscuit

*And said. Sorry.

EugenesAxe Tue 22-Jan-13 20:24:24

YANBU. Cunt on a stick.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 20:25:07

grin Whatevertheweather! genius!!

AllYoursBabooshka Tue 22-Jan-13 20:27:00

YANBU

What a dork.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:27:30

why would this be a troll? foodie friends of mine very often put photos of their dinners up on FB. i find it raaawther dull, but loads of people comment so they obviously like it.

and yavdNbu. protest in pea form.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:27:33

What a moron! That's so offensive and cuntish!

redbobblehat Tue 22-Jan-13 20:28:19

does he do other things to @show you up@?

he sounds a right nasty bastard

sorry op

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 20:28:55

Do people really put their dinners on Facebook? Really??

I have a friend who is a chef who occasionally posts something scrummy (fair enough) and my brother is a keen amateur cook who will post a photo of a cake or something complicated.

But I am so fortunate not to be friends with anyone who feels the need to post photos of their sausage and mash.

ChandlerBingsNubbin Tue 22-Jan-13 20:29:25

Stop cooking for him.

or give him a plate with a sad face made out of baked beans to photo. And then refuse to cook for him.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 20:29:56

Aitch - you maybe missed yesterday's troll thread about cake baking.

AitchTwoOhOneTwo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:30:49

oh right enough, i did see that. was that not for real, then? odd thing to do, it wasn't funny.

BertieBotts Tue 22-Jan-13 20:32:18

Photos - IMO fine.
Heart attack on a plate comment is complimentary IMO. I often use it to mean "Oh god this food is so amazingly unhealthy but GOOOD!" Like, you'd use it about a bacon sandwich made with eggy bread instead of normal bread, or battered chips or an amazing Full English Breakfast.
The ex-girlfriend thing is weird though. And also the fact you've said you don't really want him doing it and yet he continues to even though he knows you're upset about it - weird and insensitive.

<wants an eggy bread bacon sandwich now>

Hassled Tue 22-Jan-13 20:32:35

Write "my husband's a food twat" out of alternating peas and corn, take a photo, stick it on FB and tag him, the ex and his mates.

Thank you to everyone who has replied, it's seems fairly unanimous that's he's being a prick.

That in itself makes me feel better. He can be a total arse at times but always seems to turn it round so I end up thinking its my issue.

Anyhoo, that's another thread. Thanks for the replies and sorry to anyone who though I was a troll smile

DontmindifIdo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:33:40

agree, stop cooking.

I would go downstairs now and say you don't care if all his friends like to do this, you find it rude and insulting he's putting your efforts up to be judged, if it was posting his own cooking, that's fine, but as it's yours, it's insulting to you and you expect it to stop. Say now he knows you find it insulting, if he does it once more, you will stop cooking for him at all as you will judge that he's deliberately trying to upset you.

Then go back upstairs and sulk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now