to think a grown man should not need to call in with his mum EVERY single day

(58 Posts)
whatdoithinknow Tue 22-Jan-13 17:32:41

Both me and my dp work full time mine is quite a stressful job not saying his isn't but....anyway I finish work pick kids up from child care come home start cooking dinner etc etc. Dp works near his parents home so its easy to call in but would you say it was necessary every single day?? I feel resentful that I have to get on with cooking with kids under my feet while he relaxes with a cup of tea elsewhere!! Aibu??

He's not calling in to see his parents. He's calling in to avoid the work. After all, it must be sooo much nicer to do it his way - tea and biscuits then home to dinner on the table and DC settled post-school. I'd be well pissed off with him.

choceyes Wed 23-Jan-13 15:43:06

YANBU. I won't be happy if my DH did that. Taking the kids home after childcare and cooking can be really stressful. I have 2 kids in nursery and on the days I work I pick up the DCs from nursery and take them home and cook dinner, and it is soooo much easier if DH is at home during that time. Unfortunately DH's job means he can never to the nursery run (he's a teacher and DCs need to be picked up at 4.30pm which he can't do) and get home before 6pm, but on the rare occassion he's at home when we get there it is so so much better. So I really understand where you are coming from OP.

valiumredhead Wed 23-Jan-13 15:47:07

I hope my ds pops in to see me every day for a cuppa when I'm old!

GuffSmuggler Wed 23-Jan-13 15:48:48

Yes poor man needs a cup of tea and a rest after work before having to deal with family life. Woman must have tea ready for man when he returns home after post-work cuppa. <sigh>

mrsjay Wed 23-Jan-13 15:48:57

He's calling in to avoid the work. After all, it must be sooo much nicer to do it his way - tea and biscuits then home to dinner on the table and DC settled post-school. I'd be well pissed off with him.

SO would I but the OP needs to get tough and not do so much so he doesn't come home to pipe and slippers grin

TheMaskedHorror Wed 23-Jan-13 15:50:52

My dh calls in on his parents every day. They live near the station so he parks on their drive but he literally just pops in, asks how they are and leaves.
He sometimes stays longer if he needs to help them out with something.
I think its nice but would be annoyed if he was putting his feet up with a cup of tea there every day.

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 15:59:47

Actually thinking again, he should really pick the kids up from childcare as much as you do (unless his office is at the other end of town etc).

It's good that he sees his parents, but perhaps he should go at lunchtime half the time, and then come home and take charge of all the domestic drudgery at least as much as you do.

maddening Wed 23-Jan-13 17:24:44

Take the kids and meet him at mils and go home alone for a long hot bath to get on with dinner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now