to not be bothered about talking about sex?

(26 Posts)
WisteriaLaane Sat 19-Jan-13 01:07:37

Don't get me wrong I'm not a prude but I just find it odd for example when a friend says to me I gave my dh a bj whilst he was driving.

I find it odd as she said it like it was a big taboo and ooh wasn't she so fun and naughty for doing that.

I really don't know if I am explaining myself right, but to me yes sex is great but it's a natural thing and a huge majority of the world does it. So I just don't get why some people 'show off' about it.

IfNotNowThenWhen Sat 19-Jan-13 11:10:12

That's strange. In my experience it's women who discuss sex in great detail, and men less so, although I have had discussions about sex with male friends that get quite graphic.
Most of my friends are single though. When people are in long term couples it probably talk about their sex life less, although I have had friends talk to me about sex problems in long term relationships.
I think it is totally fine to talk about sex.
It's part of life. It's important to most people, and the fact that it seems to be something a lot of people find it hard to discuss (especially in the UK) is probably the reason that so many people are quite crap at it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now