Fucking lift pusher loons and trolley theives in asda

(57 Posts)
WhatchuTalkinBoutPhyllis Thu 17-Jan-13 17:30:34

AIBU to think its just wrong to push past/run ahead of someone with your trolley to get into the lift before them when they have been waiting for 5 mins more than you?

AIBU to think if there's no room in the lift you shouldn't try and force yourself in making the already confined space even more hot sweaty and uncomfortable.

and finally

AIBU to think you don't unpack someones shopping from their trolley back on to the shelves when they have their back turned and try and dump your six fucking loaves of bread in, then when they turn around say
"well you haven't got much have you" shock

shock wtaf?

people really steal trollies? they actually take peoples shopping out and start putting theirs in? what utter madness! i have never seen this happen

sod tesco on saturday... im going to asda instead... i could do with a good trolly fight grin

CordeliaChase Fri 18-Jan-13 02:20:43

Anyone would think that the shops were going to be shut....forever. I doubt very much that the 1/4 inch of snow would leave people snowed in hmm crazy in the uk.

I had a run in with someone in Asda once (well, I probably had more than one!). Silly woman was stood in front of the entrance doors with an empty trolley having a conversation with a man. She was completely blocking the entrance, nobody could get in. I stiff patiently waiting for about 30 seconds while she avoided glancing in my direction. She carried on her conversation, no intention of moving. So I asked her in a loud yet polite voice if I could get past. She huffed a bit and shoved her trolley out the way (obviously miffed at having to move). As I walked off into the store I shook my head in amazement, so she shouted after me 'what the fuck are you shaking your head at me for' (think roughest Bolton accent, clearly lived on fags coz she sounded like large Simpsons sisters). I turned round an replied 'well what a perfectly STUPID place to hold a conversation!' And walked off. There was a greeter man there who saw it all. He laughed and said loudly 'I completely agree!' The woman looked very embarrassed haha grin

CordeliaChase Fri 18-Jan-13 02:21:26

Anyone would think that the shops were going to be shut....forever. I doubt very much that the 1/4 inch of snow would leave people snowed in hmm crazy in the uk.

I had a run in with someone in Asda once (well, I probably had more than one!). Silly woman was stood in front of the entrance doors with an empty trolley having a conversation with a man. She was completely blocking the entrance, nobody could get in. I stiff patiently waiting for about 30 seconds while she avoided glancing in my direction. She carried on her conversation, no intention of moving. So I asked her in a loud yet polite voice if I could get past. She huffed a bit and shoved her trolley out the way (obviously miffed at having to move). As I walked off into the store I shook my head in amazement, so she shouted after me 'what the fuck are you shaking your head at me for' (think roughest Bolton accent, clearly lived on fags coz she sounded like large Simpsons sisters). I turned round an replied 'well what a perfectly STUPID place to hold a conversation!' And walked off. There was a greeter man there who saw it all. He laughed and said loudly 'I completely agree!' The woman looked very embarrassed haha grin

ILoveNoodles Fri 18-Jan-13 03:17:38

I hate going to shitty Asda. I was once "assaulted" by an elderly woman in Asda.
<still bitter cos I couldn't do anything as she was old and old people are 'always right', I would of been in the wrong>

Longdistance Fri 18-Jan-13 03:24:43

I used to hate Asda when we lived in the UK.

I do like their baby and toddler events though blush

Tee2072 Fri 18-Jan-13 04:22:29

Old people are not always right.

::ignores point of thread as I don't shop in ASDA and I'm not panic buying::

I don't need anything from the shops but I really want to go just so I can be righteously indignant at all these loons!

WhatchuTalkinBoutPhyllis Fri 18-Jan-13 09:41:50

I got called a twat by an old 'lady' once after a spot of trolley tango. Was in morrisons though.

And the only reason i went is because i had a leaflet saying they were having the baby event. Got there and it was even frigging on! angry

ShowOfHands Fri 18-Jan-13 09:53:00

We've got bad snow here. Roads impassable, main roads closed, 300 schools closed. I only have an Asda in my local town. And it's fine. Staff are friendly, customers jolly. Lots of people helping other people in the carpark with crossing the ice/loading up cars. I helped an elderly couple carry their stuff yesterday as it's really slippy. Trolleys are in short supply so staff are helping out, people are sharing trolleys and making friends. I quite like it. I haven't seen a single fight and the ladies in the bakery were happily baking extra loaves and taking impromptu orders.

I did however used to work in a Safeway as a poor student and I saw two very well dressed, upper middle class women have a proper scrap over the last sliced white. They were so busy smacking each other with their designer handbags that somebody else took the loaf anyway.

lannyshrops Fri 18-Jan-13 09:57:23

I never go to ASDA for precisely the above reasons, however on Wednesday I used the car park as it is very near the shops. After paying for my parking ticket, I was about half was across the zebra crossing when a vile lady in a Picasso came haring around the corner, saw me, screeched to a halt and then BEEPED at me gesticulating that I move!

I stopped, did the "what?" Hand gesture, shoulder shrug thing. She winds down her window and says "fucking move out of the fucking way!"

I am 34 weeks pregnant and as DH says, do not anger the pregnant lady!! I was so very proud of my incredibly eloquent response which was;
" the last time I read the Highway Code, the pedestrian has right of access when on a zebra or pelican crossing. If you did not see me in time, it was because you were driving at a speed more suited to the M54 (local motorway) rather than a car park."

Her response was to eff and jeff a bit more. I informed her that I thought her retort was incredible eloquent, but exactly what I would expect from someone a well brought up as she clearly was. I then continued to waddle as slow as possible off the crossing.

Stupid cow!

TheSecretCervixDNCOP Fri 18-Jan-13 09:57:23

I am completely shocked someone tried to steal your trolley

I am equally bemused at panic buyers

Quick we're predicted a few inches of snow, have we got seventeen loaves so we can have loads of toast? No? TO ASDA!!

GroupieGirl Fri 18-Jan-13 09:58:15

Ugh. I could do with a pint of milk (A pint. One. Not twelve pints, eight loaves, two dozen eggs and all the canned goods you can carry), but you lot have made me scared to go to the supermarket. And it's only a Sainsbury's.

It happened at the Boots sale the other day. People scrapping over the last Champneys gift set. shock

Fakebook Fri 18-Jan-13 10:02:47

This has only ever happened to me in Primark. It was a mother and daughter. They cut infront with their pushchair, knocked the wheels on my pushchair and went into the lift and pressed the button shock. DH quickly stopped the doors from closing by putting his hands in the way and we got in with them and waited for an apology. Didn't get one. I just stood there quietly seething whilst DH stood there giggling at my facial expression. I was not amused.

TheFallenNinja Fri 18-Jan-13 10:06:06

I use the same facial expression when in the supermarket, it's somewhere between "don't fuck with me" and "I know where everything is."

I've seen it on footage of UN food deliveries on the faces of them with bags if rice.

No problem so far.

I use the don't fuck with me expression for charity collectors as well grin

Is the panic buying mainly in the South? Haven't seen round these parts.

I loathe Asda and choose not to shop there.

WhatchuTalkinBoutPhyllis Fri 18-Jan-13 10:18:43

I'm in west midlands.

People are buying enough to last the month confused

Baffledandbewildered Fri 18-Jan-13 10:20:57

Two days before christmas our asda online pshopping was delivered ( all 18 crates oopps slight over order!!!!!) i was chatting to the delivery man and realised that even though i had bought out the shop i had forgotten an essential.....cointreau ! He advised me DO NOT go to the store its like a war zone lol people are fighting in the car park over spaces, over trolleys and over the last bottle of ribena !!!! Weird just weird. As i needed the cointrea obviously i went to the out of town tesco and it was very sedate.....and the bought loads more food that we are still trying to get through !!!!!

Flobbadobs Fri 18-Jan-13 10:24:56

Did I miss the panic buying again? Oh well, the DC's can eat and we have wine. When it actually snows for more than 5 minutes here we'll be fine!

NothingIsAsBadAsItSeems Fri 18-Jan-13 10:34:10

I loves shopping, will do anyones for them. May however take up to 3 hours as labels have to be read, prices/quantities compared, best sell by date has to be found I do not crawl to the back of the shelf, honest, nor do I then dive back in to get one for a nice lady who asks if there are any more, bargains have to be found, fake bargains have to be laughed at, have to talk to random people and help them to find things even though I've never worked in that store or for that company smile yep loves shopping

A cup of tea has to be drunk either before or after the shop to add the the joyous experience ds is dumped at PILs so that I can fully enjoy

NothingIsAsBadAsItSeems Fri 18-Jan-13 10:45:23

I'm a freak aren't I sad

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Fri 18-Jan-13 10:45:32

I like our ASDA, staff are very nice, I can buy clthes shoes and jewellry etc and call it 'food shopping' and its reasonable price, some good bargains. I also shop in Sainbury, morrisons and waitrose.... I am not a food snob grin

FellatioNels0n Fri 18-Jan-13 10:54:35

There is definitely something about ASDA that attracts really rude and aggressive customers.

shesariver Fri 18-Jan-13 11:30:56

I think anywhere you get people somethign liek this can happen, as there are some right odd balls arent there. Fair bit of supermarket snobbery on this thread mind you, theres nothing wrong with any of the Asdas I have been in, Im not loyal in the slightest and also use Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsburys, and Asda is definitely the cheapest.

Lara2 Fri 18-Jan-13 11:34:07

My ASDA is lovely too - nice staff, people nice. The only problem is you see so many people you know (and haven't seen for a while) that you spend ages catching up! Have never seen a punch up or rude people. You all obviously live in very grim areas!!!
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now