Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To buy myself a colouring book?

(221 Posts)
TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Sat 12-Jan-13 22:23:05

I used to love doing them as a kid! I quite miss them to be honest. I'm itching to get one and dig out some crayons grin

Should I?

Stars - I got the paisley one too smile

I remember some adult posh pens that had a kind of floppy tip like a slightly more rigid paintbrush- does anyone know what these are called?
Allows fluid sweepy stroke <possibly getting too into this>

starsandunicorns Sat 19-Jan-13 20:27:17

smile jazz my dp thinks im mad but reckon when my pens turn up he be jealous. I have even choosen the first page i want to do some look really fidley ( i have had too much time to think about this )

Piemistress Sat 19-Jan-13 21:03:36

My DP has done half a page and got all annoyed at himself for going over the lines and not starting on an easier one smile

PartTimeModel Sat 19-Jan-13 21:14:20

I've got The Very Hungry Caterpillar colouring book version hidden somewhere - brought it for myself ages ago & hid it from DD.
Hmmmmm I wonder where it is?
I could do with a bit of therapeutic colouring right now.

LadyDeidreWaggon Sat 19-Jan-13 22:16:08

Oh Mumsnet, thank you thank you thank you for bringing back part of my childhood that I thought had gone forever. I can't believe those A1 colouring-in posters are still being made. As a child I spent hours doing them with my best friend. I can't wait to do another one, going to send her one too, as a surprise.

Tweedledeedum Mon 21-Jan-13 20:20:42

How's the colouring in going ladies? I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, getting very impatient!! hmm

Piemistress Mon 21-Jan-13 22:46:36

I am on picture no 4 and getting better at what colours to use and when to leave bits white rather than go mad and colour it all in!

starsandunicorns Tue 22-Jan-13 11:50:06

Still waiting for my pens heavy sigh

Fishandjam Tue 22-Jan-13 11:58:12

Apologies if someone has already suggested these (haven't got time right now to read whole thread) - Altair Design books. You choose your own pattern. I think they're still being printed.

Crinkle77 Tue 22-Jan-13 11:58:50

YANBU I have a work colleague who is 28 and recently bought herself a colouring book cos she loves it.

fuzzpig Tue 22-Jan-13 12:54:05

I hadn't realised the 'choose your own' element to the Altair ones - adding them to wishlist now!

Fishandjam Tue 22-Jan-13 14:00:30

fuzzpig, yes, that's half the fun with Altair - seeing what design you can bring out in each grid (frogs, robots etc).

Tweedledeedum Tue 22-Jan-13 21:07:43

Mine's arrived and I am loving the colouring in! It is a bit stressful choosing colours though. My DH thinks I've gone bonkers but I think he's secretly jealous!

Schnarkle Tue 22-Jan-13 22:22:01

I have the colouring in for adults added to my basket but I'm stuck as to what pens/pencils to choose. What are you all using to colour in?

Piemistress Tue 22-Jan-13 22:43:55

I got the 20 pack of staedtler pens. I got the same book, it's really good but the pics don't have borders which is my only gripe.

crocodilesmiles Fri 25-Jan-13 10:20:09

woohoo! My colouring books have arrived at last.

One's lovely and detailed, the other's a bit more basic (so may find its way to my little sis).

...Now, I must find where I put my felt tips! smile x

CabbageLooking Fri 25-Jan-13 10:22:16

I now have the Colouring Book for Grown Ups and Decorative Tile Designs and some lovely Staedler felt tip pens. I am hiding them all from my husband. You lot are a bad influence. smile

Tweedledeedum Sat 26-Jan-13 11:54:02

I've got the staedler 20 pack but I also think the colours are too solid/dark and want some nice washed out colours. Anyone know of any like that?

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sun 27-Jan-13 22:49:21

Oh yes... Awaiting answer to Tweedles question too! As a colour with my unsatisfactory pens smile

trixymalixy Sun 27-Jan-13 23:01:20

DD and DS have a lovely Usborne colouring book each. I've been itching to colour some of it in. Hadn't considered buying my own...

piemistress Wed 06-Mar-13 11:09:06

Sorry to bring up an old thread but was wondering if any of the colouring in books,mentioned had borders on the pages? Disappointingly the colouring in book for adults one doesnt sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now