To not buy my 11 YO DD pink nips cream?

(100 Posts)
ripsishere Thu 10-Jan-13 05:45:29

We live in Malaysia and in common with many equatorial countries, pale/white is best.
When we first moved here, we were in the chemist and she showed me a tube of cream to make ones nipples (and presumably areola) pink in line with white western women's.
This morning, she knew I was going to the supermarket and asked me to get her a tube.
She'll be disappointed.

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 10-Jan-13 14:34:28

I bet she has

shine0ncrazydiamond Thu 10-Jan-13 14:36:09

I'm not crazy! I'm Shiney smile

No checking. I'd have to fiddle about with my top and I'm trying to eat a sandwich.

Might check later.

The things we learn eh?

nickelbabe Thu 10-Jan-13 14:41:49

my nipples and areolas are both pink.
even with a baby.

i was led to believe they would get bigger and browner when i was pg. but they didn't.
my areola are very small as well (which led to many many many long hours of worrying about the BFing latch because her mouth didn't have to be very wide open to cover the entire thing.

HoneyDragon Thu 10-Jan-13 14:58:57

G'wan Shiny, you know you want to.

Id like glow in the dark nipples. Can you get anything for that?

flow4 Thu 10-Jan-13 21:19:32

D'you know, there actually IS, SPsFanjo! grin

VivaLeBeaver Thu 10-Jan-13 21:24:28

Mine are pink. But I had to look to check as wasn't sure!

Flo Holy shit you right! Can you imagine have glow in the dark nipples?! It would be magnificent

flow4 Thu 10-Jan-13 21:34:37

I need to find someone to appreciate them, SPsF! wink grin

Isn't there a glow in the dark fetish group somewhere?

-wants to google now--

flow4 Thu 10-Jan-13 21:43:50

DO it!
> makes mischief <

ripsishere Fri 11-Jan-13 00:08:49

So glad I've bought joy to the world and caused people to examine their chesticles.

Naysa Fri 11-Jan-13 18:37:22

Mine were the opposite. When I was 13-16 they were brown. Now they are very pale pink.

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 11-Jan-13 19:53:21

I've got one of each! They were pink before and one darkened up as soon as I got upduffed. Hopefully the other will decide to join in at some stage, or I might colour it in.

ThePathanKhansWitch Fri 11-Jan-13 20:11:44

Pinky browny here. When I was pregnant the were jet black, they looked carbonised tbh.

NoillyPrat Fri 11-Jan-13 20:31:19

Mine are pale pink. I thought everyone's were pink blush

sittinginthesun Fri 11-Jan-13 20:39:40

Oh bother, I'm going to have to check mine now, otherwise it will bug me all evening.

( Don't want DH to see though, because he'll think I'm up for it tonight, and I really can't be bothered...)

Slightly bemused that a frankly horrifying story of
a) a poor 11yo child feeling so much pressure to change her appearance already, and to the extent of bleaching her nipples shock and
b) the tragedy that the constant message that women are just Not Good Enough As They Are has progressed so far that even our genitalia are now also fair game,
had been completely ignored and pushed aside for a hilarious game of "What Colour Are My Nips".

confused

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Fri 11-Jan-13 21:02:44

The outrage has been done though. Everyone agrees it's shit. And the fact that it's clear the women on the thread don't give a rat's ass what colour their nips are should speak volumes.

NippyDrips Fri 11-Jan-13 21:14:19

Op, that is terrible, maybe show your daughter this thread to show her nips come in all shades?
Was she being tounge in cheek perhaps, she couldn't have thought you would actually buy it?
Sorry but I will have to check now though, <unlatch small boy> I am a brown nip girl.
Those glow in the dark things could be handy for the night feeds!

shotofexpresso Fri 11-Jan-13 21:17:16

mine were pale pink but after dc1 they are brown.

ripsishere Fri 11-Jan-13 23:57:00

Of course she was being tongue in cheek. She joins me in our mutual loathing of people trying to change something for no good reason.
At the moment, she'd give away a kidney to have more than two insect bites on her chest.
She is just developing breasts and they aren't growing quickly enough.

Cailleach Sat 12-Jan-13 00:45:50

I had no idea what colour mine were until just now...they are so pale I can't really call them pink (redhead here.) Only had one pregnancy though (and it's staying that way!)

JoanByers Sat 12-Jan-13 01:36:45

Has she got a jilbab? Would have thought that would be first priority, prior to nipple bleaching.

Don't forget the Pond's White Beauty:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tRasuTtMJo
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJFITz-edLY
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAFXvdznlTE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xThAwdCgBlM

soontobeburns Sat 12-Jan-13 03:21:01

Had to check and mine are pratically the same colour as my skin. Hardly noticeable, flat and largish (areola) but I have big boobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now